• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Eliminating Weight Training In Order To Lose More Weight?

Uthinkso

Go on....DO IT!!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I know that weight training in itself burns fat, but I was curious if cutting it out or at least minimizing my weight training would help while I am trying to lose fat.

I have 20lbs to go, I am already down 20. I only have time to train 2-3 times per week, but I try to keep a pretty clean diet. I am wondering if a program of all cardio isn't in my best interest.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Uthinkso said:
I know that weight training in itself burns fat, but I was curious if cutting it out or at least minimizing my weight training would help while I am trying to lose fat.

I have 20lbs to go, I am already down 20. I only have time to train 2-3 times per week, but I try to keep a pretty clean diet. I am wondering if a program of all cardio isn't in my best interest.

Any ideas or thoughts?
Bubba, first of all, what's your diet like?
No, you should not remove weight training from your exercises. As you burn fat, you need to maintain your muscle. I learned long ago that the body loves to burn your muscle. I yo-yoed back and forth and lost muscle...
What's your height, your weight? How do you train?
Don't worry, I am not jumping all over you, I just want to find out more info.
I am sure that people more knowledgeable than myself (old newbie) will ask you for the same information...:thumb:

Muscle is metabolically expensive tissue. I'm not sure the exact numbers, but it takes from 50-100 calories to maintain a pound of muscle tissue every day. Fat is sedentary, and takes significanty less (like 10 or something).

So the more muscle you have, the higher your BMR, the easier it is to diet.

My diet is pretty good. I eat 3-4 times a day, and nothing later than 9pm. I know I should eat more times per day, and I know I shouldn't eat that late, butmy work schedule dictates my meals. So that is where the diet thing stands.

I'm 6'1" presently 220lbs, not sure what my % of blubber is right now but its bad.

I train 2-3 times per week, doing 30-45 minutes of cardio each session. I mic it up between the bike/treadmill or treadmill/stairmaster. I work two body parts per day as well with weights. I split them up as follows back/bis, chest/tris, legs/shoulders. That is about as defined as I get with my program.

The biggest problem I have is finding the time to get to the gym, and especially being consistent. I may go for three weeks solid and then miss two weeks, and then back at it again for three.

My typical day starts at 7am when I arrive at work, and then ends around 7-8pm when I get home from work. At that point I just want to visit with my wife, and then crash out. So the only time I get to train is in the early mornings like 5am. The problem with that then is that my body only gets about 5-6 hours rest, not nearly enough good sleep for muscle growth and for my own personal health.

So this is whereI am confused. With my busy schedule I know that diet is crucial, but what times of the day would you try and eat. Also what would you eat. I don't have the availability to stop and create a meal, everything has to be quick and easy. A

Any advice??? I'm listening!

I also added a pic in the gallery. Not very good at all, but like I say I'm totalled right now.

Believe it or not it was worse at one point.

Uthinkso said:
My diet is pretty good. I eat 3-4 times a day, and nothing later than 9pm. I know I should eat more times per day, and I know I shouldn't eat that late, butmy work schedule dictates my meals. So that is where the diet thing stands.

I'm 6'1" presently 220lbs, not sure what my % of blubber is right now but its bad.

I train 2-3 times per week, doing 30-45 minutes of cardio each session. I mic it up between the bike/treadmill or treadmill/stairmaster. I work two body parts per day as well with weights. I split them up as follows back/bis, chest/tris, legs/shoulders. That is about as defined as I get with my program.

The biggest problem I have is finding the time to get to the gym, and especially being consistent. I may go for three weeks solid and then miss two weeks, and then back at it again for three.

My typical day starts at 7am when I arrive at work, and then ends around 7-8pm when I get home from work. At that point I just want to visit with my wife, and then crash out. So the only time I get to train is in the early mornings like 5am. The problem with that then is that my body only gets about 5-6 hours rest, not nearly enough good sleep for muscle growth and for my own personal health.

So this is whereI am confused. With my busy schedule I know that diet is crucial, but what times of the day would you try and eat. Also what would you eat. I don't have the availability to stop and create a meal, everything has to be quick and easy. A

Any advice??? I'm listening!
take your wife to the gym, and it looks like you have plenty of time to train, 3 weight training sessions of about 30-45 minutes is all you need, throw in some cardio and a good diet and that is all you need, it really ain't that hard

ok when would you go trin then. At 8pm at night?

Uthinkso said:
ok when would you go trin then. At 8pm at night?
if it works for ya

do you take a lunch hour, you can also go then, and don't worry about the eating after 9 or a certain time theory, i eat minutes before i go to bed every day, also check out the diet forum, diet is more key to weight loss then any certain kind of training

I used to worry about late dinners, but ever since I started eating healthy, I have eaten at 9:00-10:00 pm every night after my workout. Yup, I probably begin between 7:30-8:00 depending on the day...

Definitely check out the sticky in the nutrition section called Guide to cutting, bulking and maintenance, posted by Jodi. If you don't understand something, ask questions, that's the most important thing for you to succeed...ask questions, but definitely read that sticky...:thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
Funny, someone mentioned this to me after i'd noticed this myself, though it's not definite, just a possibility-that cutting out weights and doing mainly aerobics or not much at all seems to work better when trying to lose weight by drastically altering the diet. If true, it's probably that the weight training keeps the appetite up, makes it much harder to drastically curtail food intake for short-term weight loss.

Uthinkso said:

Any ideas or thoughts?

scientific study has already proven that resistance training burns more calories over a 24 hr period as well as increasing the RMR for substantially longer after the training session...

if anything you would drop the cardio and keep doing the weight training. there is no remodeling after a cardio session, so there isn't much of a posistive impact on the endocrine system ...

A rather boring and predictable response trotted out. What has been suggested is that sometimes reality doesn't follow expectations as espoused in research; so far from my limited sample weight training may sometimes in fact impede weight loss, despite research to the contrary. I don't think you've picked up on the fact that several of us have noticed this as possible despite research telling us otherwise.

Last edited:
Back