• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

overtraining is overexaggerated

swordfish

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
people are way way to overworried about overtraining, hit each muscle twice a week and keep it up. 45-1 hour of training, 1 gram of protein, 8 hours of sleep, milk, lots of water and fruits
all of this overtraining bullshit, its not as common unless your a total moron to working out, im sorry but a lot of people dont know this, and as you workout longer you start to adapt, so you can eventually increase to more volume or more intensity/ each part 3 times a week.

this is my routine right now and im finding out that you really need to beat yourself down day after day to overtrain.

mon- shoulder/tri
tues-back/legs
wed- chest/bis
thurs- shoulder/tri
fri-back/legs
sat- chest bis

4 exercises per group exept bis and tris(go about 3) 3-4 sets per exercise-5-15 reps per set, use lots of shocking routines, and lots of drop sets. i think a lot of you will be surprised at what you can accomplish in one week without overtraining. my 2 cents anyway, take it for what its worth.

Your program is flawed. You should not train back and legs the same day. Its too much stress on the CNS.

and why is that, i just did it today, 100% intensity no problem. guess what arnolds split was,
monday-chest/tris/shoulders/biceps/forearms
tuesday-legs/back/calves
wed-repeat monday
thursday-reapeat tuesday
friday repeat monday
sat-repeat thursday

swordfish said:
and why is that, i just did it today, 100% intensity no problem. guess what arnolds split was,
monday-chest/tris/shoulders/biceps/forearms
tuesday-legs/back/calves
wed-repeat monday
thursday-reapeat tuesday
friday repeat monday
sat-repeat thursday

No offense, but you're no Arnold. Yes, if we all had amazing genetics and took roids beginning at the age of 13, then we might be able to follow his training routine.

However, there is nothing wrong with your training routine. If you only do 4 sets per major bodypart, then doing it twice a week is no problem. I did a full body routine for a while, but I only did 2-3 sets per major bodypart.

Also, I don't see why you would want to do back and legs on the same day even if you don't believe the previous posters. They are intense enough on their own as it is.

I am currently doing an upper/lower split hitting every bp twice per week, and it's already taking it's toll. I have reduced the volume, so I am spreading it out over two work-outs in a week what I used to do in one, but it's inevitable that you still train a bit higher volume this way.

Overtraining can definitely be a problem, trust me. I've been working out hard almost every single day for over a week now and my body is screaming for a day off. Every muscle is sore and I'm completely exhausted. Hence, I'm going to take a day or two off now and just let my body recover. Working out when you're just too worn down will do more harm than good.

legs and back is the best ive come up with to get the proper recovery, i believe in recovery but not more than 72 hours per part, 48 for smaller

mon- chest bis
tues- shoulders/ legs
wed- back/ tris
thursday- chest bis
friday- shoulders legs
sat- back tris

this is what i might do later on, but legs and back together arent effecting me yet.

i train every bodypart every day and im not overtraining. ive never been bigger since i started training like this. u guys who only train a couple times a week are wussies.

IML Gear Cream!
This is a dumb debate since everyone trains differently and has different genetics. For example, when I work out, I lift heavy and don't screw around. If I were to do that every single day of the week I can guarantee you I'd wear my joints out fast. However, if I'm working out with lighter weights just to maintain, I could see working out every day easily.

This is not a dumb debate. What is dumb is training back/legs on the same day. If you are fine(ie: not being worn down, getting a "good" workout) then you arent training with enough intensity. Not to mention you are going to fry your CNS.

100% intensity? I can give 100% intensity after walking 20 miles, but it sure wont be much of a workout.

I'd never train back and legs on the same day, either. It'd just kick the shit out of me. I couldn't imagine doing back exercises and then doing squats. Yikes!

I have to kind of agree with the supposition of the original post. I think over-training is over exaggerated. Do I thin people get wasted and need a day or 2 off...yes. But the over training you guys talk about is just another word for exhaustion. It takes quite a bit to get there in reality and I don't feel that training hard for 2 hours a day 7 days a week can not do it alone.
There are other factors. Diet, sleep and environment, but the critical factor, with out a doubt is physiological disposition and external stress.
If you look or think about "over-training" then I guarantee you will find it.
Yes, I think its real, I know it is, but I also think its over exaggerated and contrary to popular belief the young are more prone to it then the mature.
Many of us are real Prima Donna's. I for one have to be careful not to be a narcissistic,whining and self absorbed with my physique. And over training could be the perfect excuse

Overtraining your body is difficult to do. Overtraining your CNS is very simple to do. Your body could easily handle a somewhat high volume every day of the week. Your CNS can't. That's what I try to stress. There are two kinds of overtraining. A solid diet will make it even harder to overtrain your body. But your CNS simply has its boundaries and they require respect.

You may be able to hit the gym 7 days a week and hit bodyparts 3 times a week right now. When your CNS decides it's had enough (and it will) you'll get hit with a case of "I don't feel like going to the gym" and your body is going to feel sluggish and you'll lack all sorts of motivation.

well brothers i just finished a grueling 98 set dropset on the flat bench. started with 585 and ended with negatives with the bar. i can feel my cns bursting with energy!! my muscles are growing like never before. tomorrow im going to do supersets with flat bench and 400lb weighted dips.

its unfortunate im the only person who has the self control to deal with these incredible stresses! you too could be as massive as me if you just tried harder.

Monolith said:
well brothers i just finished a grueling 98 set dropset on the flat bench. started with 585 and ended with negatives with the bar. i can feel my cns bursting with energy!! my muscles are growing like never before. tomorrow im going to do supersets with flat bench and 400lb weighted dips.

its unfortunate im the only person who has the self control to deal with these incredible stresses! you too could be as massive as me if you just tried harder.

:laugh: What a dick.

all of this overtraining bullshit, its not as common unless your a total moron to working out

Maybe it would be better advised to start a thread without insulting a significant portion of the people you are engaging in a debate with.

I'm sure you think you know more than everyone else, but even someone who is as distinguishably knowledgeable as you can treat us ignorant dullards with a little more respect.

IML Gear Cream!
I'm sure he didn't mean to insult us.

I'm sure he was just careless with his words. It still seems inflammatory to use the phrase "total moron" when refering to those who might believe other than you. It was in bad taste.

Duncans Donuts said:
I'm sure he was just careless with his words. It still seems inflammatory to use the phrase "total moron" when refering to those who might believe other than you. It was in bad taste.
its fun, though.

Erik said:
I have to kind of agree with the supposition of the original post. I think over-training is over exaggerated. Do I thin people get wasted and need a day or 2 off...yes. But the over training you guys talk about is just another word for exhaustion. It takes quite a bit to get there in reality and I don't feel that training hard for 2 hours a day 7 days a week can not do it alone.
There are other factors. Diet, sleep and environment, but the critical factor, with out a doubt is physiological disposition and external stress.
If you look or think about "over-training" then I guarantee you will find it.
Yes, I think its real, I know it is, but I also think its over exaggerated and contrary to popular belief the young are more prone to it then the mature.
Many of us are real Prima Donna's. I for one have to be careful not to be a narcissistic,whining and self absorbed with my physique. And over training could be the perfect excuse

I think you should try TP-PT.

swordfish said:
people are way way to overworried about overtraining, hit each muscle twice a week and keep it up. 45-1 hour of training, 1 gram of protein, 8 hours of sleep, milk, lots of water and fruits
all of this overtraining bullshit, its not as common unless your a total moron to working out, im sorry but a lot of people dont know this, and as you workout longer you start to adapt, so you can eventually increase to more volume or more intensity/ each part 3 times a week.

I know I am probably just a total moron as to working out but I hardly think you can apply how much you work out to everyone. Age, physical abilities, health, heredity, etc. all play an important part in what constitutes overtraining for any given individual.

I can overtrain with just 4 days a week, 1 hour 15 minutes a session. It really depends on how much sleep I'm getting, how much I'm eating, and most importantly, how much stress I'm under. I do feel this CNS burn out that you are talking about. I rarely get in that state, but some times when I'm really pushing it, and other elements of my training aren't optimal, I lose that energy and intensity I want to use the gym. Instead of just letting my muscles work at their max, I have to "will" them into working hard. That's when I know I need to take it easy for a while.

The longer you train the more your ability to generate intensity through several mechanisms increases and the LESS training you need to induce an overtrained state, which is not an uncommon, but a very common phenomenon, that is probably the reason for plateaus and lack of progress in more than 50% of cases.

I have 2 questions.
Whats TP-PT?....
And are there different degrees of over training?

This is by far the best Forum on any subject I have ever read. Its the only one I have ever joined. Most of it is because the level of maturity of the members. Most of the youngsters in here are quite mature. (Asspuncture not included).
I didn't find the original question to be insulting, but I could see how one MIGHT take it that way. I just don't believe it was.

I hear ya there. I just joined this board, I'm glad I did. :thumb:

As for overtraining, we all know it happens. There are 2 explanations for those who say it doesnt happen:

1. They dont want to admit it.
2. They dont go as balls to the wall as they could.

I train 4 days a week, 2 groups a day.
Mon- Chest & Abs
Tues - Back & Bis
Wed - Off
Thurs - Quad/Ham/Calv
Fri - Delts & tris

I've tried working this harder, pushing harder to a group in twice a week, and overtraining sets in. I use the right supps, get my sleep, have the right nutrition. But if you work hard enough, its tough not to work harder than you should. We all know building is addictive. Its hard not to overtrain.

Back