• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Anyone here with bad myopia??

happytree

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi,

I am very nearsighted, about -4.5 in each eye and my eye doctor says I have an increased chance of retinal detachment. :( I heard that weight training especially with heavy stuff can cause retinal detachment because of the pressure buildup inside. I really want to get started lifting some heavy weights but I'm scared my eyes might go bust. Does anyone here know of people with bad myopia but can still lift heavy without problems??

I'm nearsighted as well. My eyes really don't bother me after weight training, though.
Did you ask your Ophthalmologist about weight training with the problem you have?

I am very near sighted too! I lift very heavy for me, no problem! :shrug:

I've never heard of simple myopia being associated with retinal detachment, but I'm defnitely no expert. I'm -4.25 in both eyes and have had absolutely no problems with any sports. I just finished my second cycle of Max OT with no problems. I wear either glasses or regular, single vision disposable contacts.

I am VERRRY nearsighted, talking about -10.5,-11, and I have never heard that either. Was he refering to a specific situation concerning you, or myopia in general? My brother is nearsighted, but not nearly as badly, and he has some kind of juvenile retinoscisis (sp) something or other which makes him prone to retinal detachment, I wonder if he should not lift heavy :scared:

I am -7.5 in both eyes, and back when a teen, you know, when my eyes were developing, I lifted heavy. My eye doctor knew it and never told me to be careful.
The only thing that I can think of is that you may have hurt your eye at some point and maybe once your retina is detached, you may suffer more damage by lifting heavy because of the pressure. I do feel pressure in my eyes when lifting, but not enough to detach my retina....

Back