• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

new to lifting, need some advice

Makavelli

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hi, well i guess im your average skinny guy lol. 21, about 6ft, 165lbs, im fit but just skinny, i think its genetics, my whole family is like that lol.

anyhow i just got a bunch of equipment, a bench a whole bunch of wieghts, dumbells, tricep bar, rowing machine. pull up bar, and one of those big ball things

i would like to get up to about 180-185 lbs by next summer, do you think that is a reachable goal?

im just wondering what sort of exercises (heavy weight and less reps?)and what would be a good diet for me to follow?,
i have been eating mainly chicken breats, brown rice, egg whites, and drinking lots of water. i dont want to take any supplements though, all i take is a multi vitamin

also is there any secret way to get all those vaines in your forearms to stick out lol? mine only show when im working out

and how long would a good workout take to complete?

Thanks for any help

First off, yes, your goal is attainable. Most everyone who lifts is capable of gaining their first 10+ pounds of muscle mass very quickly. This is referred to as "beginner gains."

Second, here is the standard full body routine that I suggest to beginners:

Full Squats 3 x 8-12
Romanian Deadlifts 2 x 8-12

Deadlifts 3 x 8-12
Bent Rows 2 x 8-12

Bench Press 3 x 8-12
Military Press 2 x 8-12

Decline Situps 3 x 8-12

It's all compound exercises with no direct arm work. Don't worry, you'll get enough from the compound movements. It is to be done 3 times per week, or perhaps every other day. Starting with 12-15 repititions for a week or two is recommended. Learn the proper form for everything. Do research and critique yourself.

Third, I'm glad to hear that you're looking into diet. I suggest posting your diet in the diet & nutrition section, but I'll offer you a few basic tips:

Eat 1G+ of protein per pound of bodyweight.
Eat every 3 hours.
Eat somewhere around 20 calories per pound of bodyweight.
Spread the nutrients evenly throughout the day.
Drink lots of water.

Also, I suggest looking into whey protein. It is a fast absorbing, high efficiency protein which is optimal immediately post workout. Currently, I also avoid supplements save for vitamins and protein.

Get as much sleep as you can. I aim for a minimum 7 hours a night. You grow when you sleep/rest, not when you workout.

Finally, increasing vascularity is primarily about lowering bodyfat percentage, which is done by losing fat or gaining muscle mass. Cardio can also help because of the increased blood volume after you begin a cardio program.

Back