• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Is wheat that bad?

Cinnabon

Cinnabon
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Im hearing a lot that wheat is really not the way to go... please elaborate

hmmm I was going to ask YOU to elaborate a bit more :laugh: What exactly have you heard?

Wheat is a grain, therefore it contains essential nutrients.. so no I dont feel it must be shunned.. but it depends on the way you go about consuming it. IMO whole grain is better than plain old whole wheat.. simply because many commericial breads and baked goods claim to be whole wheat but when you look at the list of ingredients you see refined flours and such. Which is what you want to avoid at all costs. Refined flours are not only more high glycemic(due to lack of fiber content), but they also lack vitamins and minerals.
Even whole wheat bread is generally more processed and higher GI. (make sure that its 100% whole wheat (or even better stoneground).
Whole grain would be even better since you get their whole, unprocessed state(the grains).

maybe this will help:
http://www.sbrc.ca/ncarm/wheat.htm

I don't think there's any solid reason to avoid whole-grain wheat products. Wheat, however, has acquired a bad rap largely because of other "alternative" health ideas, notably food allergies, "yeast", and naturopathy, and more recently "paleo diet" and blood type diet notions. Many, if not most, practitioners and writers in these fields demonise wheat (along with other common foods such as corn, soy, many types of fruit, fermented foods....) claiming various ill effects ranging from population-wide "allergies" to fermentation in the body, and also saying that the highly-refined presence of such ingredients in virtually all processed foods has made us (the larger "us") more reactive to them.

Mostly crap, I think. As atherjen says, it's a grain, so in a less-processed state it has the nutrients of other grains. If you are doing a competition diet, or something of similar precision, you may want to watch your personal reactions to it and see if it bloats you more than other carbohydrates -- but even then, that's not necessarily a reason to shun it during more relaxed periods of your life.

works good pre-workout IMO......being moderate GI, some might say your better with brown rice though.

Wheat bread along with all other breads you buy at a general store contains wheat gluten. Studies say that 80%-90% of the population is allergic to wheat gluten. After some time too much gluten will allow mucus to build up in your intestines. Then, the mucus will provide for parasites, and the parasites will eventually lead to cancer. But, there are currently no know significant short-term properties of wheat gluten. And, the studies are highly debatable.

Ezekiel bread is free of wheat gluten.

QED.

And you are incorrect about Ezekiel bread, which contains, among other things, sprouted wheat, and spelt, an ancestor of wheat, as well as barley, which also contains gluten.

According to Dexter Jackson, Wheat contains Gluten and Gluten contains Estrogen the female hormone. So is this is the case, its pretty obvious why you would avoid it.

rjr5353 said:
Cant eat anything these days...........how depressing....

:laugh: Well is one was truly anal and strict with every last morsel that went into their mouth then no. Balance and moderation is the key. :)

Akateros said:
QED.

And you are incorrect about Ezekiel bread, which contains, among other things, sprouted wheat, and spelt, an ancestor of wheat, as well as barley, which also contains gluten.
its not QED so suck my fatty :D

Back