• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

This might be off topic but very interesting

joey2005

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was talking with a body builder at my Gym. And He was telling me to flex your muscles throughout the week...for example sitting down reading..to flex for a good 10 seconds..both arms. THat it will help muscle growth. I was wondering if anyone here knows about this?

joey2005 said:
I was talking with a body builder at my Gym. And He was telling me to flex your muscles throughout the week...for example sitting down reading..to flex for a good 10 seconds..both arms. THat it will help muscle growth. I was wondering if anyone here knows about this?

man i seriously think you need to go buy a book or upgrade your membership here and get the e-books. you really have a ton of questions and if you really are that new you need to learn the basics.

it helps from an isometric point of view...

but basicallyflexing teaches you how to intentionaly contract each muscle, which is a HUGE part of building the mind-muscle connection...

funny how bulletproff and pmech didnt answer ;) THanks LAM . Just the asnwer i was looking for.

joey2005 said:
funny how bulletproff and pmech didnt answer ;) THanks LAM . Just the asnwer i was looking for.

i dont claim to know everything and i am still learning myself. even if i did it doesnt matter because everyone has their own opinions here. basically you have to find out what works best for you. i said what i said because most of the questions you ask are basic which tells me you have a lot to learn ..... hence, go buy a book ..... smart ass.

so your saying the forums are exclusively for the ppl who know what they are talking about? if so tell me now because I dont belong here then lol

i am saying learn the basics ... read past posts, use the search feature, buy books, read magazines, then after you learn the basics, increase your knowledge through asking.

LAM said:
flexing teaches you how to intentionaly contract each muscle, which is a HUGE part of building the mind-muscle connection...

agreed 100%

Arnold used to flex the muscles he would be training that day to get that great concentration and mind-to-muscle connex.

I try to be very helpful to those who ask questions, but I must agree with bullet. Do some research, and then clarify questions. We are here to help, but not here to do all the work for you. That is part of your quest.

IML Gear Cream!
we all ask questions. i still ask many questions, but i have also read many books. buy you a book about nutrition, that will answer half of your questions right there. i have the e-books and they are a good tool to learn from when getting started.

well the problem with that sometimes is alot of things contradict each other, that's why i was so happy when I found this board so I caould finally clear some stuff up, but ya you should learn the basics then if your confused at all that's when you ask questions.
As for the whole whole flexing, the only reason I'd do it is to burn more calories, whenever your sitting or reading a book or watching tv etc, fidget alot, tap your foot, swing your leg anything to make you move (ie flexing muslces) and you can burn like an extra 500-800 calories a day doint that (not sure how accurate that is but it's a rough number)

Do the reading that everybody suggested. Don´t stop asking though. Welcome to the board.

i am in no way discouraging asking questions. based on his posts though, it seems he is almost running blind here. he could learn so much from a book so much faster and then come here to tweak his routine or ask things he doesnt understand.

Welcome to the boards man. Ask and ye shal hear. Sometimes you hear more than you ask for, but take and be happy.

I always flex when I'm just sitting around doing nothin', as LAM said it helps build that mind-muscle connection. Sometimes I don't even realize I'm doing it until I look up and notice someone looking at me strangely probably tring to figure out when my chest is keeps jumping like that, I even had people say "Hey, how do you do that? (make your pecs move)

LAM said:
it helps from an isometric point of view...

but basicallyflexing teaches you how to intentionaly contract each muscle, which is a HUGE part of building the mind-muscle connection...

agreed

dont we all flex all the time ???? how about fora hot girl you see on the street, esspesially when im at the pool, i flex my abs so hard im gona shit my pants one day, heheheh

Back