• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

My Very First Journal- A New Beginning!

klmclean

Eat responsibly
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
:wave:Hi Everyone, I'm fairly new to this board, I discovered it a few weeks ago and I'm totally addicted to it. Everyone is so helpful and encouraging, just what I need. I really think this journaling will keep me on track (for good this time) and motivated! I've kept journals of my own in the past and it definately helped out, but to have online encouragement of others will be a definate asset. My goals are to change my eating habits once and for all:thumb: I'm tired of starting over every Monday morning and by Monday evening I've already blown it. I'm so ready for this I can't wait to get started. I've been back to the gym now for six weeks (weight training 4 x week) and I plan to start doing my cardio 5-6 days a week tomorrow as well. I've charted out a meal plan for myself and I've posted it in the nutrtion section and got some feed back as to things I should change or add in. I have made some changes to it and I'll follow it for the next couple of weeks and see how it's going for me. I'd really appreciate any comments or words of wisdome you all might have to help me out in journey. I'll be posting my meal plan tomorrow as well as my weight and my stats :wave:

Good luck! Can you tell us a little bit about yourself? Age? Sex? Training experience? Etc.?

Hey, there, I'm 35 (just turned in June), female, 5'4, 135 pounds. I've been training off and on since I was 17, but the last couple of years, I've gotten lazy and eating habits consist of way, way too many drive-thrus. I've been back to the gym now for six weeks, weight training with a trainer 5 x a week (he's a friend of mine so it's free and he owns the gym I go to). He's been a big help, but now the eating part is up to me, that's where my problem is, I know what to eat, it's just sticking to it. I'm hoping this journal will give me the support and encouragement I need to smarten up! I was in the best shape of my life two years ago, I'm still fairly muscular, I haven't lost a lot, but things are certainly not what they were (too many cookies I think). Anyways, my goal is to drop 12-15 pounds and get lean while holding onto my muscle. I had no problem keeping the muscle when I did 60 min. of cardio 6 days a week before so I'm hoping the same routine will work for me again. Thanks for the welcome!

welcome and good luck with your journal. :thumb:
we will all be watching to keep you in line. :eek:

klmclean said:
I had no problem keeping the muscle when I did 60 min. of cardio 6 days a week before so I'm hoping the same routine will work for me again.

I sure hope you do not do this just for the sake of getting lean cause 20 minutes of HITT is enough, and I would say 4-5 days per week max.

Hi Robert:D yes, I was doing that much cardio to get lean. Do you really think all I need is 20 min? I guess I'm stuck that amount of cardio because that's how much I was doing when I was really happy with the way I looked. I was very lean, but still muscular.

Any physique pics now that you can use as "before" pics? That's always what I use as motivation. :)

IML Gear Cream!
:wave: Hey, Monstar

I' m going to be taking some before pics today so hopefully I'll have them up later in the week

Hi klmclean,
Welcome to IM... good luck! :thumb:

Day #1

Well, today started out pretty bad, woke up with an alergic reaction, not a nice way to start the day :mad: , but I'm good now. Eating went very well today I must say, Got to gym at nine and had a good chest/biceps workout with my trainer.

Here's my meal plan for today:

Meal #1 (2:30 p.m) I didn't get up until 1:00, I was up till 4:30 a.m.:yawn:
1/2 cup dry oatmeal
6 oz skim milk
1 scoop PVL vanilla whey protien
2 tbsp. raisins
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 pkg splenda

Meal #2 (5:00)
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup brown basmati rice, cooked
1 cup spinach
1/4 cup almonds

Meal # 3 (8:00-post workout)
1 cup fat free sugar free yoghurt
1 scoop PVL vanilla whey protien

WEIGHT TRAINING (9:00) CHEST/BICEPS

Meal #4
4 meat balls with lemon sauce (1 egg white, 1 yolk & juice of a lemon)
1 can asparagus

Water - 3 litres

Supplements Condiments
multi vitamin tobassco sauce
glutamine No-salt salt substitute

Stats for the day (from Fitday.com) :bounce: Weight = 135 lbs
Calories: 1621
Fat: 61
Protien:108
Carbs: 165

Day #2

:D Day 2 - going pretty good, bad headache today, horrible caffeine withdrawls:eek:
Cut out the diet coke after reading a lot of nasty stuff about it, I was up to two litres a day so I guess I should expect a few withdrawls. Diet going well today.
Meal #1
3/4 cup dry oatmeal
6 oz skim milk
1 scoop vanilla whey protien powder
2 tbsp. raisins
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 pkg splenda

Meal #2
1/2 cup cooked brown basmati rice
1/4 cup almonds
2 green onions
4 mushrooms

Meal #3
2 slices 100% ww bread
1 small banana :finger: (I know, not the best choice of fruit - had a craving)
2 tbsp sugar free salt free peanut butter

9:00 GYM - Legs (quads)

10:30
1 scoop chocolate whey protien shake mixed in water

Water - 2 litres
Fitday.com
Condiments Supplements Cal= 1625
tobassco sauce muti-vitamin Fat= 60
no salt salt substitute Carbs= 183
Protien= 110
A little high in carbs today, will do better tomorrow:eek:

September 15th diet

Meal #1
3/4 cup dry oatmeal
1 scoop chocolate PVL protien powder
6 ounces skim milk
1 pkg splenda

Meal #2
1/2 cup brown basmati rice
1 cup spinach

Meal #3 (post workout)
1 cup yoghurt
1 scoop protien powder
1/2 cup blueberries

9:00 - ABS (45 min.) :eek: ouch!!!!

Meal #4 :barf:
Taco Salad
extra lean ground beef
lettuce
enchilada sauce
light sour cream

Late night snack
1/2 cup fat free sugar free yogurt
handful of almonds

Up until 5:00 am again!!!! Can't sleep, getting very, very cranky!:mad:

Diet is looking great, keep it up! :thumb:

Workouts are looking great, too. Did you ever manage to upload any pics?

Hey, MonStar, thanks for stopping by, I was beginning to think I was all alone:(

Haven't had a chance to upload and pics yet, but hopefully over the weekend I'll get a chance, I've been crazy busy with work and trying to live through caffeine withdrawls:mad: . This is the fiirst day I haven't had a headache from hell. I was actually thinking of you today because I was having the urge to BING, you know, like eat an entire bag of chocolate chip cookies or go through the McDonald's drive-thru :finger: , but I managed to stop myself THANK GOD!
Anyways, thanks for stopping by and for the support:wave:

IML Gear Cream!
Hey! :wave:

Your diet is looking really good!! :thumb: Keep it up!

Congratulations for not binging when you had the urge to today! :D Binging is not worth it - it will make you feel much more icky than the yummy taste will every make up for! ;)

klmclean said:
Hellooooooooooo:confused:
Noooo! I JUST found this today, or I woulda dropped by sooner! Welcome (a little late).

Good luck!

I'll be stopping by and checking in on you! :thumb:

Diet today was horrible, pizza:finger: perogies :gosh: and chocolate cake:eek: . I've
been helping my sister and her family move into their new home for the past two days so I was just eating what they were eating ( no excuse still, I know!!!).

Monday morning I'll be heading out of town for a week on vacation to visit my
best freind, but will return to my journaling September 27th when I arrive
home (hopefully I can eat fairly well while I'm away:rolleyes: ) Anyway, I look
forward to continuing my journal when I get home and hearing from you all!
You've been a big help so far!:wave:

Don't worry about the diet, you can take a few days off it's not going to kill you. We all have to live a little. Last night I finished an entire large pizza myself, lol, if that makes you feel any better. Hang in there, and have a great time on vacation! :)

klmclean said:
Hellooooooooooo:confused:

thats a classic. :laugh: dont worry we are here every step of the way. keep up the good work.

thats my fear of starting a journal.....no one would ever show up. :bawling:

Hey, MonStar, thanks, I was feeling soooooooooooo guilty:rolleyes: And don't feel bad about your pizza, I spilt a thin crust meat lovers with my brother-in-law last night after we finished moving all the furniture into thier house, and to make it worse it was 1:00 in the morning. I'll definately try to have a good time on my trip and not worry too mcuh about my diet, you're right, we still have to live and have fun! Thanks for the kind words. Talk to you when I get back.
P.S. I hope your pizza was as yummy as mine:laugh:

Bulletproof1
So glad you stopped by my journal. Thanks so much! I really appreicate the support. Hope to hear from you when I get back from my trip, I'll really need encouragement then, god only knows what kind of food is going to fall in mouth while I'm on a road trip:laugh:
Take care:wave:

klmclean said:
Diet today was horrible, pizza:finger: perogies :gosh: and chocolate cake:eek: . I've
been helping my sister and her family move into their new home for the past two days so I was just eating what they were eating ( no excuse still, I know!!!).

Monday morning I'll be heading out of town for a week on vacation to visit my
best freind, but will return to my journaling September 27th when I arrive
home (hopefully I can eat fairly well while I'm away:rolleyes: ) Anyway, I look
forward to continuing my journal when I get home and hearing from you all!
You've been a big help so far!:wave:
Hey don't worry too much, like Monstar said. Just refocus and get back on track as best you can. :) Have a wonderful vacation! :wave:

Back