• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Need advice!

DanSM

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ok im not a body builder or anything close, im one of those "lucky" people who can eat as much as they want and never gain weight
icon_sad.gif
right now im quite underweight for my hight / age and i need some advice on what supplements to take. from what i can see there are too main types based on either protien or caleries. can anyone tell me which type is the best for someone whos already underweight and wants to bulk up pretty fast?

Crisco.

Check your diet first and foremost. Youre an ecto, even ectos can gain weight if you eat enough. Check that out first, before supplementing.

what do u mean by check out? i eat like a pig and i love my meat lol. i try increasing how much i eat but i just end up getting sick all the time. ive been doing some more reading and im trying to find out what the real difference is between calleries, protien and creatine. like... i know basically what they are but what specifically are they used for?

Go to the diet & nutrition section of the forum for diet advice. You will get more help.

Hey,

What are your stats (weight, height, age)? How long have you been trying to gain weight? What exercise are you doing?

DanSM said:
what do u mean by check out? i eat like a pig and i love my meat lol. i try increasing how much i eat but i just end up getting sick all the time.
[/b]
Ok - Why don't you give us an example of what you eat in a day (when you eat it, how much etc.) and lets see if we can give you some options you have not thought of before! :)

ive been doing some more reading and im trying to find out what the real difference is between calleries, protien and creatine. like... i know basically what they are but what specifically are they used for?

Ok... Really basically (without getting technical):
Calorie = A measure of the energy in a food. Used for... well... energy... In order to build tissues (and just to function in every day life) your body needs enough calories from foods to fill it's energy requirements. If you ingest more calories than your body burns over a period of time = calorie surplus = gain weight. If you burn more than you are able to eat = calorie deficiency = weight loss.

Protein = A macronutrient that contributes to the overall calorie content of food. This is primarily used by the body to build and repair tissues in the body (such as muscle, but also used in lots of other things)... Your body needs a minimum amount of protein to fill it's obligate needs (for hormones/tissue turn-over etc etc), and will need more if you are training/exercising or trying to build tissues. In the absense of sufficient calories from primary energy sources (carbs and fats) it can also be used as an energy source via conversion to glucose (called gluconeogenesis).

Creatine: A suppliment that helps in energy availability in muscles. It is used to enhance performance and encourage lean muscle gains.... Being a SUPPLIMENT it is of maximal benifit if training and diet are in order. If these are not - you are basically throwing money down the drain...

DanSM said:
ok im not a body builder or anything close, im one of those "lucky" people who can eat as much as they want and never gain weight
icon_sad.gif
right now im quite underweight for my hight / age and i need some advice on what supplements to take. from what i can see there are too main types based on either protien or caleries.
Thats EXACTLY what i thought until i 'fixed' my diet. and i can say it DOES work. if you fix your diet (coupled with weight training) you CAN put on lbm. Good info from emma above, read the sticky "Guide to cutting...". Then work out a meal plan that your can live with. Post it in this forum for a critique.

DanSM said:
can anyone tell me which type is the best for someone whos already underweight and wants to bulk up pretty fast?
It is suggested to aim for 1-2 lbs per week. Anymore could be that you are putting on more fat. So dont look for a quick fix, but work at it by a)reading up on info and b)answering the above requested info.

Back