• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Calf Mass Building Exercises for Home Gyms???

I'm Trying

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
As some of you know I have a home gym and don't work out in a fitness facility. What are some good home gym exercises to put on some mass to the ol' calves??
THanks!!!

cappo5150 said:
standing calf raises
I completely agree with that.

I couldnt get shit for gains on my calves for a long time. I ended up changing two things:

- Went much heavier than I thought I could go.
- Held it at the top everytime.

The seated raises didnt work for me, at all. Doing calves on a leg press didnt do much either. Just the heavy standing raises.

Good luck.

du510 said:

I couldnt get shit for gains on my calves for a long time. I ended up changing two things:

The seated raises didnt work for me, at all. Doing calves on a leg press didnt do much either. Just the heavy standing raises.

Good luck.

RE: Seated Calf Raises - as I understand it, they only work the soleus, which is under the gastroc. The gastroc being the calf muscle we actually see. You can do seated calf raises from here to eternity and never see results.

What has worked for me - standing calf raises with dumbells -- with both legs and single leg-- and jumping rope.

Correct............seated calf raise (knees flexed to 90º), the gastrocnemius are virtually inactive while the load is borne almost entirely by the soleus.

du510 said:

Good luck.
Sh*t!! Now i understand why i havent been able to get any mass on my calves. I have mainly been doing seated calf raises. :cry: Oh well, time for a switch! :blah:

You still should incorporate some seated calf into your routine.

dg806 said:
You still should incorporate some seated calf into your routine.
i was doing both, but more seated calf raise sets than standing. I guess i shall have to reverse the order from now on. Or is it suggested to keep the number of sets for both equal??

IML Gear Cream!
I like to do 3 sets of each to failure, I just alter the order in which they are doneseated first one week, standing fiurst the next. Or I sometimes will super set them to alter the routine a bit.

Since I workout at home too, I know what you are going through. One of the best ones I have done is Donkey calf raises. I either let my wife or kids climb on my back. This has really helped my calves.

BulkMeUp said:
i was doing both, but more seated calf raise sets than standing. I guess i shall have to reverse the order from now on. Or is it suggested to keep the number of sets for both equal??
Depends on what needs more work? Just for size I would do more standing. As you progress, you may need to add in more seated.

I do one-legged DB calf raises. I can't really do much else. I tried to attempt doing seated raises with the lame leg extension apparatus attached to my bench, but it's hard to get into position unless I use very low weights.

CowPimp said:
I do one-legged DB calf raises. I can't really do much else. I tried to attempt doing seated raises with the lame leg extension apparatus attached to my bench, but it's hard to get into position unless I use very low weights.

I do seated calf raises with a barbell accross my lower thighs. I constructed a padded 2x6 to rest a barbell on so it does not dig into my thighs. :)

Phred said:
I do seated calf raises with a barbell accross my lower thighs. I constructed a padded 2x6 to rest a barbell on so it does not dig into my thighs. :)

I may have to try something like that. Luckily my calfs are certainly showing results with just this one movement. However, I'm sure this will eventually stop. Of course, eventually I plan on getting a gym membership too.

CowPimp said:
...Of course, eventually I plan on getting a gym membership too.

I right there with you brother. I've been using towels as cushion
in much the same manner as Phred's padding but I know that
eventually I'll have to get a gym membership as well.

Back