• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Heat and Whey

Tom_B said:
I read before that heat breaks down the protein in Whey and people were telling Jill this in her Brownie recipe cause she microwaves it. (http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=33294)
But yet tons of people throw there protein powder in the oven, how come the protein wouldn't break down in the oven compared to the microwave?
There are different types of protein powders -- whey, soy, egg, milk, etc. -- and some of them are more oven/baking/heat friendlier than whey. Was egg protein one of them? Egg or Soy? I can't remember. I jsut read that in another thread, too.

I don't know much about the topic beyond this, but I'm sure Jodi or another one of the nutrition folks can chime in with the details.

Tom_B said:
I read before that heat breaks down the protein in Whey and people were telling Jill this in her Brownie recipe cause she microwaves it. (http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=33294)
But yet tons of people throw there protein powder in the oven, how come the protein wouldn't break down in the oven compared to the microwave?

you can heat or cook with egg and milk isolates but not whey fractions. whey protein are too fragile to be heated. whey protein is manufactured at the lowest temperatures possible for that specific reason...

the tons of people that you are referring too hopefully are not cooking with whey fractions...

oh my god that protein brownie was pretty nasty to me, it was so dry i tried cooking the first one for 30 seconds, second 20 seconds and any less was just not right, so it is so dry and it tastes pretty nasty to me. But everyone likes something different.

Besides heat what can degrade whey? Extreme cold? Excess of gastric acid?

Whey protein fractions are mainly susceptible to heat and adverse ph balance. When the fragile nuclei of whey proteins are destroyed it is no longer biologically active...useless for anabolic processes

ok Thanks, but how do i know if it's milk, egg or soy protein? would it just say on the cover, if so there's none here :grumble:
1 more question say if I heat up my oatmeal then add my whey to it and mix it in, that isn't too hot too damage it, is it?

Back