• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Cottage Cheese Fat Content

fmiceli

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi Everyone :wave: ,

I did a quick search and could not find the answers I was looking for so I am hoping for some insight from y'all.

I eat cottage cheese everyday. I eat the 4% variety and was wondering...Is the fat in cottage cheese is a "good" fat or a "bad" fat?

Also, I eat the cottage cheese as a mid morning meal(meal #2) and for my last meal of the day I have a can of tuna and two table spoons of Cod Liver Oil. Would it be better to switch meals 2 and 6? Everyone seems to recommend cottage cheese at night but does it really make a difference with respect to eating tuna? (I am guessing the digestion rate of tuna is about the same as cottage cheese)

Thank you......

Cottage cheese is mostly saturated fat with some monounsaturated fat. Some sat fat is needed in your diet but most of us get enough through the other protein sources we eat. Personally I go for the 1-2% cottage cheese so that I can add some healthier fats with that meal. It's not bad but there are better choices.

Yes, it would be way better to switch meals 2 & 6. The cottage cheese contains casein protein which is a slower diegesting protein, much better when you are ready to sleep for 6-8 hours. Also you could add some healthier fats to that CC meal and slow down the digestion even further.

Can you have cream cheese ( phillidephia) instead?

There is barely any protein in cream cheese, so ummmmmmm.........No.

cream cheese is a snack food...

cream cheese with rice cakes is one of my refeed food ;)

Cream cheese in a pie pan with cherries over the top of it.... UUMM tasty.

Can ya tell I am craving some serious carbs?

Jodi,
Thank you. Rest assured I'll be taking your advice.

leg_press said:
Can you have cream cheese ( phillidephia) instead?
It depends how you look at it, an 8 oz package of fat free cream cheese has roughly 32grams of carbs and 32grams of protein yielding about 280 calories...

Back