• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

What have i done!?! - has you ever experienced anything like this before?

BerryBlis

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello,

I think I've injured myself pretty good doing HIIT running sprints. Right now my right leg hip flexor is killing me. It hurts really bad to run (actually it's tolerable - in pain, but I can take it) when I run but right after I stop I can barely walk and then it pretty much hurts the rest of the day. I've been icing it for about 4 days now. (I hurt it on Sunday and have just been walking on the treadmill since then but today I tried running again and I killed). Have you ever done anything like this before? Do you think I tore it or something? Can you do anything serious to the hip flexor or do you think it'll just heal on it's own with time? Also, I can't really do any cardio right now (pretty much just maybe walk at a low intensity), how long before I start detraining? What do you recommend I do to treat this? Any advice would be great!
BerryBlis

I think you've either got to completely let the area rest before resuming, OR do something easy like swimming, fast walking, etc. If you don't get it straightened out, the injury will linger far longer than it should.

Are you tight? Try and stretch the area out. The compression from running is the biggest problem, especaily on a treadmill where the ground is moving and you are not (unlike running outside). The treadmill just keeps going, whether you want to slow up or not, possibly you overstreched or slightly tore a muscle. Any swelling? Try biking instead of running, much easier on the body IMO.

Back