• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Negative calorie veggies?

Katia7

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is it true that some veggies have negative calories (it takes more calories for the body to digest them then what they really have)?
If so, are they negative only when they're raw or when they're steamed/boiled also? Do you count them into your caloric intake or do you just skip over it?

Katia7 said:
Is it true that some veggies have negative calories (it takes more calories for the body to digest them then what they really have)?
If so, are they negative only when they're raw or when they're steamed/boiled also? Do you count them into your caloric intake or do you just skip over it?
Munchkins from Dunkin Donuts have negative calories, no need to boil. :thumb:

All kidding aside, I remember hearing that celery took more calories to digest than it gave you. But, Ive never seen any numbers. So thats a good question, hoperfully someone can explain it.

Do a search, this question has been asked a few times in this section.

Negative Calorie Foods

Vegetables
asparagus
beet
broccoli
cabbage (green)
carrot
cauliflower
celeriac (celery root)
celery chicory
Chile peppers (hot)
cucumber
dandelion
endive
garden cress
garlic
green beans
lamb's lettuce
lettuce
onion
papaya
radishes
spinach
turnip
zucchini

OceanDude said:
If not all are truly negative its damn close when you figure the low caloric densities and what it takes in terms of body energy to: break down all that fiber, squeeze out the few calories present, convert it all to glucose/glycogen and move the remaining bulk out the exhaust pipe. That's not even counting the energy needed to wash, peel, handle and thoroughly chew the stuff...

Most of those foods are the closest most of us will get to free foods. :chomp:

Jodi said:
Its not necessary to count your carbs from veggies because the majority of the carbs are from fiber. Seeing we can't digest fiber its not really important to count the cals from the veggies.

I was curious about this after I read your post so I did a little searching and just decided to post this for ya.

Should I still be counting the calories from these foods?

Katia7 said:
Should I still be counting the calories from these foods?

There is no need to count vegetable calories. Many people don't even count veggies when cutting for a competition.

Sorry, another question...
Do they take more calories to digest then what they are only when they're raw or when they're cooked (steamed/boiled) also?

IML Gear Cream!
fibrous veggies

Alfalfa Sprouts
Artichoke Hearts
Arugula
Asparagus
Avocado
Bamboo Shoots
Bean Sprouts
Beet Greens
Bock Choy
Broccoli
Brussel Sprouts
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Celery
Celery Root
Chard
Chicory
Chives
Collard Greens
Cucumber
Dandelion Greens
Eggplant
Endive
Escarole
Fennel
Hearts of Palm
Jicama
Kale
Kohlrabi
Leeks
Lettuce
Mache
Millie lettuce
Mushrooms
Okra
Olives
Onion
Parsley
Peppers
Radicchio
Radishes
Rhubard
Sauerkraut
Scallions
Snow Pea Pods
Sorrel
Spinach
String beans
Summer Squash
Tomato
Water Chestnuts
wax beans
Zucchini

I guess the amount of fiber would determine if it is a negative calorie food source.
For instance, my bung hole = 5 grams of fiber. . . .

BoneCrusher said:
Thanks for sharing that information trhawt ... how ya been anyway?

Hey, BoneCrusher! What's going on? This base sucks here in Pakistan!!!!!
I can't wait until I come home or go somewhere else. I've been gone for 35 days and already tired of this place. Anyway, keep it real, bro.

I don't know about Eggplants :confused:
I count it with my carbs

Of course negative calories exist, they are the primary fuel to anti-gravitational spaceships.

IML Gear Cream!
so whats the big deal? she suggested a search and then asked a question. not every question has been asked on this site before. besides, everyone knows jill does her homework. its the simple questions that people ask 10 times a day on this board that are annoying. i doubt there are many posts in the archive about peppers.

bulletproof1 said:
so whats the big deal? she suggested a search and then asked a question. not every question has been asked on this site before. besides, everyone knows jill does her homework. its the simple questions that people ask 10 times a day on this board that are annoying. i doubt there are many posts in the archive about peppers.
Thanks BP;)

I just remembered seeing that thread not too long ago, and simply suggested a search.:shrug: I dont think there is anything wrong with that. :)

Oh-and I remember being told that peppers WERE a fiborours veggie.

du510-Give it a rest

ccr_bballer33 said:
haha yeah, cant answer them but you can dish em out huh?

I guess not. Thats why I asked.

Dish em out? :confused: :confused: :confused: Whats with that?

Jill said:
Thanks BP;)

I just remembered seeing that thread not too long ago, and simply suggested a search.:shrug: I dont think there is anything wrong with that. :)

Oh-and I remember being told that peppers WERE a fiborours veggie.

du510-Give it a rest
I wasnt tryin to be a dick or anything. I just thought it was ironic that you tell someone to do a search then wonder about it yourself. I imagine you'd have a similar reaction if, when you asked about peppers, someone told you to do a search. Ya know?

Nothin serious, no need to get upset. Or to give anything a rest.

After eating some veggies like broccoli with chicken, it makes me even hungry...is that why? Its like my stomach wants more food.

Me too.
When I ate only broccolli and fish, even though it was 6 times a day, I felt like I was still starving.
Add a yam in though and I was fine.

OR try adding in some efa's to slow down the digestion. You'll feel fuller for longer;)

trHawT said:
Hey, BoneCrusher! What's going on? This base sucks here in Pakistan!!!!!
I can't wait until I come home or go somewhere else. I've been gone for 35 days and already tired of this place. Anyway, keep it real, bro.
I hope you get a lil' fun time in there somewhere too man. If ya see Osama pack him up and Fed-Ex him to me here in Austin. :D

Back