• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Cooking chicken help

cappo5150

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm trying to cook chicken to last me a couple of days so that I can eat them at work. But lately they are turning out too dry. Ive been steaming them. What ways do you prepare chicken for later consumption? Will BBQ also make them dry later? HELP.

I bbq mine. Just dont over cook it. Cook it on a lower heat, and when you think its done cut into it. As long as the juice inside is clear it will be ok to eat.

George foreman's grill does the job for me. Just add pepper to it and you're set.

If you are cooking chicken brests, they cook quite fast. Dont over cook them as they will dry out. I avoid removing them from the fridge and cooking them immediately. They could get burnt on the outside and stay a bit undercooked inside(at the thickest part). I prefer to keep them out for a short while to get them down more to room temp and they cook better.

I generally take them out of the fridge. Prick them all over with a fork. Add and gently rub the marinade(my favs are tandoori or montreal steak spice marinade :nanner: ) into them. Cover and let them sit for an hour or two. Then grill/bake them.

On the foreman grill, they get done in under 8-10 mins. Prick them with a fork (or make a cut in them at then thickest part to look inside) if it is not pink and juices run a clear light yellow, they are done. It might take a bit of trial and error as well as keeping an eye on the clock.

Get a meat thermometer (sp?) Cook them on the grill and push the thermometer in the chicken. When it reached 170-180 degrees. It's done and really juicy. :lick:

When I read this thread title I tought that a cooking chicken was asking for help.
Btw, too dry and steaming happens all the time. You can´t overcook it. I don´t think that a thermometer is necessary though.

Put sauce on it.

I like mine with BBQ sauce.

I either use the George Foreman grill, or I "sautee" it with a mix of water, EVOO and some spices.

On the foreman grill, I first let it sit in a marinade in the fridge for like 30 minutes, then make sure the grill is as hot as it's gonna get and throw some chicken on it. I leave it in there for about 7 minutes, give or take, do NOT press down or you'll drain the meat and it will come out dry. I cut a few diagonal lines across each piece, just to see the color of the meat inside, and then flip it over, wth the cut side down, for about 1 or 2 more minutes. I store in an airtight plastic container. When I reheat, I sprinkle it with a bit of water before puting in the microwave the next day.

If I sautee, I heat up the water/oil/seasoning mix, add a few pieces of onion, or some garlic, depending on the seasonings I use... let that simmer for a while, then put the chicken in there... make sure the liquid comes up to about level with the meat, cover and reduce the heat, let it just cook in that for a while, flip it over after 5 or 6 minutes. Cut across the thickest part after abotu 10 minutes to see if it's cooked... it comes out nice and moist using this method...

IML Gear Cream!
Oh and there's always broiling - which takes a little longer, but it's soooo good.

In a broiling pan, fill actual pan with about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch of water, and some seasoning, herbs, onions, garlic, peppers - whatever flavoring you want your chicken to get... Some people even mix BBQ or hot sauces with the water. The point is to have the water evaporating underneath it steaming up to the chicken which is broling just above it -- adds moisture AND flavor and a crispy-ish outer texture.

Of course, marinading the meat before broiling helps, too. Use lemon, garlic, basil, pepper...

Back