• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Need Some Advice - Im an Ectomorph

TheDutchMaster

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Sup forum! Im new around here, so I thought I could get some body building advice from some knowledgable people. Heres my situation:

Im almost 20 years old... Im maybe 120 pounds if Im lucky. My younger youth has been plagued by quite a few gastrointestinal difficulties like lactose intolerance and irritable bowel.. I've grown to deal with the lactose intolerance and the irritable bowel is not a problem anymore. So by that my point is that I have been a bit malnutritioned at some points of my life.

I started casually lifting in March of this year.. just basic lifts like bench press, behind the head skull bashers(not quite sure what to call that lift) for tris, close grip bench press, dead lift, dumbell curls, and thats about it.

Im trying to bulk up. Im already very cut, because I am very lean. Honestly, I must have like the minimal percentage of body fat I could possibly have. I almost literally have NO fat. My abs show 8 pack, my tris are very defined and my chest is getting there.

I only workout with the bench in my room.. Im not looking to join a gym, Im just looking to beef up my arms, shoulders and chest. Ill deadlift just to work the legs some.

I know that it would be more to my benefit to work more lifts into my routine. I try to lift everyday.. I have Power Gainer, and try to drink 2-3 shakes a day. Im trying to eat 4-6 meals a day as well.

With what I wrote above, can anyone offer me any advice? I have no injuries other than 2 torn ligaments in my left ankle from years ago that healed and all is well. I'd like to gain as much weight as possible. Im sick of being such an insignificant mass.. if you can understand that. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, stop working out every day.

Secondly, do squats.

Thanks for the input. Squats present me with a space problem. Plus I've never squatted, and I dont have padded floors. My bench is in my bedroom, so there really isnt much room for a lot of bar movement outside of on the bench and deadlifting.

I also forgot to add that I do incline dumbells.

You could do dumbell squats. If you have enough room for deadlifts with a BB you should have enough room for squats, or hack squats.

In any case, cut your workouts down to 3-4 times a week.

TheDutchMaster said:
Im trying to bulk up. Im already very cut, because I am very lean. Honestly, I must have like the minimal percentage of body fat I could possibly have. I almost literally have NO fat. My abs show 8 pack, my tris are very defined and my chest is getting there.

EAT, EAT, EAT, THEN EAT SOME MORE! :)

if your trying to gain some weight, Diet is just as important as lifting if not more, so first get your diet in order (head over to the diet and nutrition thread and start reading the stickies there) and after you learn some stuff post your diet and I'm sure some people here will help you tweak it. Then start worrying about a certain weight lifting routine.

My bench is also in my room and I got just enough space to do squats and lunges. If there's not enoguh room in your room then can't you do your leg workouts in another room with more space? Nothing's worst then having a big upper body with chicken legs!

its tough for us ectomorphs to gain weight. im at about 4200-4500 cals a day right now and finally gaining. quite well, actually. but anything under 3200 cals a day and i dont get anywhere, regardless of training. check my quote in my sig ;)

^ me to besides the gaining and im at about 5k caleries now

This may be an important piece of info I left out.. I dont have an olympic size bar, I got maybe like a 25 pound bar.

As far as squatting, Im not even sure where to begin the lift.. Do I put a towel on my shoulders? Any proper way of getting that much weight on my shoulders?

Oh yeah, and I have ISS Power Gainer.. Im trying to drink 2 shakes a day. The serving size per shake is 3 scoops which is pretty nasty. So I drink 1 scoop with milk in the morning, and then later in the day I'd mix a full 3 scoops with milk and a banana in the blender. Sorry if this part of my post is misplaced in the wrong forum :D

Back