• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Shoulders recovery

Jason Da Bodiful

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
My trainer said that it's fine to train Shoulders (delts) twice a week (with few days rest in between) as it's a body part that recovers quicker than other mucles like arms or chest. Is that true?

<FONT COLOR="#000002" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[Edited 1 time by Jason Da Bodiful on 06-18-2001 at 08:22 PM]</font>

You can train any bodypart two, three, four times a week. If you train for extended periods of time you will probally see a decrease in results.
Train 2 times a week and see how you feel.
When you start to see a decline make a change.

------------------
Exercise, my drug of choice

You can train each bodypart every day for 3 hours, too.

Is it a good thing to do? Nope.

------------------
Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers.

I couldn't imagine working shoulders twice in a week. Especially if you work them on their own day, cause they're also getting hit on chest day to some extent.

Originally posted by TheSupremeBeing:
You can train each bodypart every day for 3 hours, too.
Is it a good thing to do? Nope.

*** I don't know why you would want to train every 3 hours as a BB but training your shoulders twice a week is fine.

You have to understand that if you do this your voulme for the rest of your body especially your chest will need to drop a bit depending on how often you work, what kind of work , your diet, stress levels, mental state of mind etc....

I would usually only train shoulders more than once a week if I was looking to bring them up to par.

------------------

Shoulders get so much work with your upper body, I don't think it's necessary to train them more than once per week.

------------------
Just because the majority believes it, does not make it true!

Originally posted by Prince:
Shoulders get so much work with your upper body, I don't think it's necessary to train them more than once per week.

I Agree

------------------
Just another day in the gutter

I agree, Maki.

For specialization purposes it very well may be of benefit.

But, his trainer was incorrect in stating that shoulders recover quicker than other bodyparts. Additionally, as others have pointed out - shoulders get a lot of indirect work during the week, so they would actually take longer to recover. This could be countered of course, but the original statement is still wrong.

------------------

IML Gear Cream!
Supreme, I was referring to the first part about training the shoulders more than once a week. I don't agree that they recover quickly.

------------------

It's funny to see you call me "Supreme"
smile.gif

------------------

An effective shoulder workout is good enough, don't train it more than once a week. Remember, alot of other exercises, like training Chest esp. all require plenty of Delts involvement, thus by training your delts too much, they can't take the pressure. UNLESS you are performing fairly light intensity each time, than you might wanna give a shot, but at least with 2-3 days rest in between.

Back