• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Insulin and its anabolic properties

largepkg

Dookie
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Guys, I've heard many time that insulin is extremely anabolic. I'm gonna run at the mouth here so try to follow.

If insulin is indeed highly anabolic then shouldn't we try to trigger an insulin reaction often? Were told to stay away from sugars and simple carbs as this will trigger an insulin reaction and could lead to fat storage. But if insulin is anabolic why not try to this all day long? Am I way off base here? Someone set me straight. Yeah, so what I gain some fat but in turn I gain a large amount of muscle. Isn't this what we do on a bulk anyway?

For the record I'm working on 45 minutes sleep in the last 29 hours and extremely hung over so there is a good chance I'm making no sense at all. Please cut me some slack.

Insulin is a "storage hormone". Basically, if you take insulin with a high pro/lo carb/lo fat meal, youll store the protein. Therefore, it COULD be extremely anabolic.

At least, thats the way I understand it. I am sure there are many here who know much more than I.

largepkg said:
Guys, I've heard many time that insulin is extremely anabolic. I'm gonna run at the mouth here so try to follow.

If insulin is indeed highly anabolic then shouldn't we try to trigger an insulin reaction often? Were told to stay away from sugars and simple carbs as this will trigger an insulin reaction and could lead to fat storage. But if insulin is anabolic why not try to this all day long? Am I way off base here? Someone set me straight. Yeah, so what I gain some fat but in turn I gain a large amount of muscle. Isn't this what we do on a bulk anyway?

For the record I'm working on 45 minutes sleep in the last 29 hours and extremely hung over so there is a good chance I'm making no sense at all. Please cut me some slack.

hands down insulin IS the most anabolic hormone that the human body produces. controlling insulin is the key to both maximizing anabolism and fat loss...

the reason why you can't or shouldn't consume simple sugars all day long is the effect of having constantly elevated serum insulin levels. insulin sensitivity will decrease which means less nutrients will be uptaken by skeletal muscle and more storage in adipocytes. also there is a direct correlation with increased serum insulin levels and serum triglycerides. so with constantly elevated serun insulin levels there is an increased long term risk of developing CVD. having constantly elevated serum insulin levels is a greater contributor to CVD as is having very high total cholesterol values...

low to moderate GI carbs are preferred to keep serum insulin levels stable but not elevated (spiked). healthy complex carbs provide fiber which increases insulin sensitivity and decrease total cholesterol values along with the benefits it provides to the GI tract...

largepkg said:
If insulin is indeed highly anabolic then shouldn't we try to trigger an insulin reaction often? Were told to stay away from sugars and simple carbs as this will trigger an insulin reaction and could lead to fat storage.

If you are hardcore about being ultra lean then yes you watch insulin response. If you are talking life long, then you dont want to abuse insulin and induce insulin resistance.

If you are bulking, go for it.

You might want to define "often", as the positive effects are going to diminish the more "often" you bump up your levels. Until you finally pass into the negative effects threshold.

Just like anything else, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing/ too little of a bad thing.

Back