• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

reflections on salmon

I Are Baboon

pedal pedal pedal
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So, how do you all feel about salmon? I just had some leftovers for lunch. MMMMMM! Kind of a fatty fish, as fishes go, but loaded with protein and amino acids. Salmon and a plain baked sweet potato for my post-workout lunch today.

:)

Salmon can be great, and it can be, as w8 says, yuckky. Good for you, and lots of good fats. You need to eat it different ways though to really enjoy it. :nanner:

Species of salmon make a big difference. Sockeye or Red is the best for flavor. ($$$) Good grilled with lemon pepper and dill, don't forget to brush on the butter with that. Smoked Red is superb also. Kings are next, cook the same way. Not as tasty, but still good. Silvers or Coho are next, then last is a pink. Pink salmon is the most common and cheapest. Not much you can do to flavor one up. These are of course Pacific salmon so doesn't help much with Atlantic salmon fare. I've notice Atlantic salmon have a texture and flavor somewhere between Coho and Pinks.

Ok IAB, now I'm jealous. Haven't had any good salmon for a couple of years. Time to head back to visit the relatives in Alaska.
:)

i like too,instead of tuna sandwich i make salmon.and nothing beats some broiled walleye either:D

Salmon = YUMMY!!!

A bunch of use fly out to the west coast every second summer to salmon fish. What a blast! Last year we were catching 35-40 Pounders. Awwwwww good times......:hot: :clap:

oh man there's nothing like fly fishing in the spring,brook trout,brown trout...........o hell ya ...come on spring.but i,ve been having good luck ice fishing too.:thumb:

Found this little bit of info on salmon...

The fatty acids found in foods like salmon help speed recovery after training.

IML Gear Cream!
I think a lot of Dog mushers in AK feed their dogs salmon on the trail because of it's recovery properties. I don't think I could eat mine frozen like that though, no matter how good I'd feel later.:D

2 ways I like salmon....

bbq
brush/season a half inch slab of salmon with lemon, pepper and a little dill and olive oil, place on a half inch slab of recenltly split cedar and put on the top rack of a pre heated hot 400 deg bbq ....close lid and check in 4-5 mins...don't worry if the bottom of the wood begins to char... spike with a fork and remove when it easily breaks...

firepit
this is a lttle more decadent...
use a whole gutted fish minus head and fins say 4 to 6 lbs
prepare an season paste with
1/4 lb butter
taragon,
chives
dill
pepper
salt
parsley
a little warm water to make the butter soft
mix all in a bowl and throughly coat the fish
cut a lemon into paper thin slices and stick then all over the fish
wrap in several layers of aluminum foil
now place into the RED HOT coals of a fire pit and cover with coals
ensure the coals are at least 4 inches deep and 2 to 3 feet across
add a small quantity of kindleing periodically for the next 30-40 min
you will burn portions but the rest will be fantastic

have down this with pickerel too ...just put several filets together

mmmm...

Archer, It sounds good, but I must admit with the first recipe I thought you were going to end it with, "throw the fish away and eat the board" :laugh:

Is your title part of your real name, hobby or none of my stinkin business??:D

jc

Back