• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Need Health Advice. Emergency!!!

russianalex

Super Pumper
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
MY PARENTS HAVE LATELY BEEN SAYING THAT I SHOULD STOP BEING FAT AND GET IN SHAPE
SO FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS IVE BEEN WORKING OUT AND TRYING TO MAKE THAT COME TRUE
BUT AS I HAVE GOTTEN MORE INTO IT I REALIZE THAT I WANT TO GO TO THE TOP AND NOT JUST BE BUFF BUT BIG!
HOWEVER I LOOKED INTO WHEY PROTEIN AND THINGS LIKE THAT AND MY MOM SAID THAT SHE WILL NOT LET ME TAKE IT BEAUSE I AM TOO YOUNG
I AM THINKING ABOUT EITHER GOING TO A DOCTOR WITH HER AND CONSULTING, OR JUST TAKING IT AND HIDING IT SOMEWHERE SO SHE WONT SEE
I NEED SOME ADVICE ON THIS
PLEASE HELP ME THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT
:confused: :confused: :confused: <--- CLUELESS

First off - ditch the upper case typing - it looks like you are shouting.

whey proten is absolutely safe. it's just concentrated food essentially.
OD

Whey protein is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whey

Be patient with your mother. She's probably coming from a point of misconception.

Oh yeah, and lay off the YELLING!

just go buy it yourself and put it somewhere she can't find, if she finds it, tell her it's chocolate milk powder.

not yelling
just was upset
shes threatening to smash my comp if i ever say anything about protein or working out again
fukin hate her

it's ok dude, such is life :)

:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

russianalex said:
not yelling
just was upset
shes threatening to smash my comp if i ever say anything about protein or working out again
fukin hate her
Dude, don't say that about your mom man...she means well...she's just lookin' out for ya'. You're lucky that you even have a mom. There is nothing like a mom's love for her child.

Man sucks to have your Mom.

Protein Powder won't kill you.

Explain to her that they don't put any steroids in whey protein. It's just protein!

Protein powder comes from milk. Explain that if she wants to prohibit you from taking in whey protein, she can no longer have milk in the house.
dance1.gif

Your mom is a idiot. Sorry, but it's true.

Protein is protein. Tell her if you can't have the powder then she better be buying you TONS of lean meat. Actually, since she has proteinphobia, she better get rid of all meat, dairy products, and anything else that contains the slightest bit of protein.

P.S. I also think that you should tell her to go to classes to conquer her phobia. Proteinphobics at their worst just arn't a pretty sight indeed. :)

SportinStyle said:
Your mom is a idiot. Sorry, but it's true.

. :)

no mother that is protective over a child is an idiot.:finger:

I know of this one mother who lets her son smoke and do drugs at the age of 13, she's a both a drug addict and an idiot.

Idiot is a harsh word; ignorant is better. Actually, she could do a little research before she jumps to conclusions. She is just taking a stroll down assumption alley.

Either way, if you can't convince her, then just eat clean and don't worry about it. Protein powders aren't a necessity.

Uhm Cow, "Moms" don't do research. Moms are moms they just make rules. The secret is to appeal to her feeling of pride over her children. Tell her that if you get all big and strong you might get your picture in the magazines and be able to tell the world how you owe it all to the support of your loving mother. "Mom Psychology" and management from the bottom up is what he needs.

OD

Your mother is obviously extremely uneducated in the area of health and fitness (as is the majority of society), weight training and eating quality protein is a very healthy thing to do. You could try to help educate her, but honestly unless she has a desire to gain this knowledge you will probably be wasting your time.

If she will not allow the whey protein, fine, will she allow you to eat meat and dairy? If so, get your protein from food sources. Beef, chicken, fish, turkey, eggs, milk and cheese are all great sources of quality protein.

It sounds like this discussion needs to continue in the diet/nutrition forum not training.

Hey....I'm a Mom. My son is 18. I do my research....thank you very much!
and.....he has drug Craig to the titty bar too!

move out. that will teach her to get in your biz :D

bulletproof1 said:
move out. that will teach her to get in your biz :D
:thumb: get a job dude, then you can buy anything you want. ;)

i have 2 i make 219 a month

I have the same issue with my parents.. with everything! even with the fish oil that supposed to be healthy for you! they say its healthy, but more than 1-2 pills a day not good :shrug:
Its hard to educate them or try to explain, since they older they think they wiser and know better than me

Back