• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Loosing Weight and Toning...

Vio|37

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi Guys,

I would like to loose a little weight and tone up for the summer, which is only 2 to 3 months away so I can hit the beaches.

At the moment, I've just started running 2km everyday in the evening and also doing about 50 situps after my runs.

As you can tell I'm quite new to this and really need some decent advice.

Are you guys able to help and offer some advice?

Regards,
Vio|37

To tone, you must lower your body fat. You can do this by increasing muscle mass or decreasing body fat. I find doing a combination of both to be most effective.

50 situps isn't going to tone anything. All you are doing is training muscular endurance and burning calories. Try weighted situps. Then you will actually strengthen your core muscles and potentially induce hypertrophy in them.

Bump what CowPimp said.

Check out the diet&nutrition forums for advice on dieting.
Abs are made in the kitchen.

Also, possibly check out different cardio styles, such as HIIT or Max-OT Cardio.

But good luck, and welcome to IM.

Thanks guys,

I had a feeling that the situps alone wouldn't have done the trick. Though I remember when I was in school I used to do heaps of situps and I ended up with a six pack but those were the good ol days as I dont know if I can get the six pack again.

Please tell me because the fact I'm running is a good thing and will help me?

A friend also told me that I should drink proteins shakes but since I want to loose weight I need the one with absolutely no sugar in it.

What are your thought guys?

what are your stats and exact goals? that would help.

Vio|37 said:
I would like to loose a little weight and tone up for the summer, which is only 2 to 3 months away so I can hit the beaches.

it is? I thought winter was 2 months away?

you should start weight training and post your daily diet meal by meal in the diet/nutrition forum.

Robert DiMaggio said:
it is? I thought winter was 2 months away?

you should start weight training and post your daily diet meal by meal in the diet/nutrition forum.

i thought the same thing till i checked his location.

guess ya learn something new everyday!

Australia's seasons are the opposite of those of the Northern Hemisphere:

Spring: September-November
Summer: December-February
Fall: March-May
Winter: June-August

Vio|37 said:
Thanks guys,

I had a feeling that the situps alone wouldn't have done the trick. Though I remember when I was in school I used to do heaps of situps and I ended up with a six pack but those were the good ol days as I dont know if I can get the six pack again.

Please tell me because the fact I'm running is a good thing and will help me?

A friend also told me that I should drink proteins shakes but since I want to loose weight I need the one with absolutely no sugar in it.

What are your thought guys?

Running certainly helps. It increases your resting metabolic rate and burns calories. Do a search for HIIT cardio. Incorporating this form of cardio into your routine should help you improve your metabolism.

Protein shakes don't have any special properties to increase lipolysis. However, they are a useful way of getting nearly pure protein into your diet. As well, they are quick and easy to make, even combined with other ingredients. Design a sound diet first. Work the protein shakes into it later.

Nutrition is the key - you can do as many sit ups, weighted or otherwise, as you want and not get a six pack if you have a layer of fat over your abs. You'll need to lower your bodyfat to around 10% or lower, depends on the person.

6 meals a day, eating every 2-3 hours - protein, protein, protein, complex carbs only and only essential fat sources, not saturated fat (think olive oil/nuts - not McDonalds)

IML Gear Cream!
Schez said:
6 meals a day, eating every 2-3 hours - protein, protein, protein, complex carbs only and only essential fat sources, not saturated fat (think olive oil/nuts - not McDonalds)

I've been losing weight on the "McDonalds diet" for the past 6 weeks. Whatever do you mean?

Back