• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Weight techniques

Squaggleboggin

Functional Lifting = Life
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What are some major weight lifting techniques for gaining strength? I've now heard of HIT, P/RR/S, and a couple of others, so how about some more? Try to include not only the exercises but also the amount of weight, reps and sets to do, plus the time between sets and how many days apart the workouts should be. Or if there's a site that has a lot of them or a specific one about which you're posting, go ahead and post the link! I'm looking to get explosive speed/power and strength, not endurance. Looks don't matter very much to me either. Thanks in advance.

Look into powerlifting routines. Westside is the one I'm using.

Would someone be able to explain the principles behind powerlifting techniques? Such as, "Very high weight with lots of sets and few reps per set results in more hypertrophy" or something like that...

For training boards, fortifiediron and the power and bulk are two I like quite a bit. Iron Addict's site is quite cool also as I have found many of his ideas to be spot on and effective.

Read the 8 keys off of the elite fitness systems site (westside). Westside is as good of an introduction to powerlifting as you get imo. Might as well go and look at one of the most successful programs out there first. Good mix of theoretical, practical and innovative training info. Ruggedmag is also a good resource for training imo.

Squaggleboggin said:
Would someone be able to explain the principles behind powerlifting techniques? Such as, "Very high weight with lots of sets and few reps per set results in more hypertrophy" or something like that...

Want to cut through the b/s. Lyle is really good at that. Here is a response from Lyle to a question asking quickest way to get strong as hell in a general sense.

Yes, move reps to 5 and lower. Sets might range from 3 to 8 for the primary exercise. Frequency of at least twice per week (some people like even higher frequency but this requires a lot of intensity cycling and planning). w/in the context of 2X/week, a lot of people like a heavy/light system. Or heavy/speed as per westside. Heavy might be 6-8X3 at a 4-5RM intensity, light might be 3-5X5 at a 6-8RM or even lighter (or speed work).

a moderate amount of tinkering/assistance work added to that would make sense.

Lyle

You could apply this type of thinking to bench, squat, deadlifts for example or a wide range of lifts actually.

Back