• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

is it bad to train in mornings

Daniel_88

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hey is it bad to train in the mornings. i thought that it would be better to train at night because its close to sleeping time and sleep is good for muscles

This has been debated many times. Although the release of human growth hormone shortly after lifting weights is highly anabolic, I think it might be better to lift in the morning so that you can have the proper nutrition throughout the day to help you grow and recover.

I've done both. I prefer early morning workouts. Nothing scientific , just that it leaves the rest of the day open and if for some reason i miss/skip my workout in the Am i can still do it in the Pm.

tjwes said:
Morning training is great,your testosterone levels are at their highesat in the AM,and once you finish training you have all day to do your thing and eat for repair and replenishment.

ditto...plus your metabolism is jacked up for the rest of the day...

Evening training is my preference. I don't worry about the morning T levels or hGH releases or none of that shit.

I just like having several meals in me before i train.

Plus, getting anything productive or constructive done that requires concentration is pretty much impossible after a good training session.

i prefer mornings. I have trained mid day, and at night, and morning is the winner. :)

There relative difference is miniscule. It is far more important to train when you get a better workout, and at a time that you can stick to.

i work out when i get home from work. i have the energy and i look forward to it the whole time im working.

My problem at present is that i have no fixed schedule for training. Some days it's before 12pm, other days it's as late as 7pm.

IML Gear Cream!
I train in morning

A - Wakes me up without shit like coffee
B - Gives me an excuse to have a big brekky
C - Gives me a pump and confidence boost that lasts all day
D - When I go to sleep at night I feel like I have really earned it

Basically tho, whatever works for you!
We are all here to help each other, not to be arseholes!

gwcaton said:
I've done both. I prefer early morning workouts. Nothing scientific , just that it leaves the rest of the day open and if for some reason i miss/skip my workout in the Am i can still do it in the Pm.
I'm with ya Gary.

I started training in the mornings, 530 or 6 AM, instead of evenings a few weeks ago. I don't think I could ever go back to the old schedule.

I feel great all day, and I have my evenings to do whatever I want, and not worry about rushing to the gym after work.

As far as how beneficial it is, as opposed to evening training, I'll be happy to report back here if I notice any differences in a few more weeks as compared to my progress with the old schedule.

I LOVE Training in the MORNING -- this is MY time - time for no one else - ok- - ok .. I'm selfish - but theres no other time in the day when I consider it "MY TIME!" and besides - when I get home at night - wife/kids always have had something for me to do.

so after an early workout - i have some carbs - and as the day progress.. have less and less.. so that in the afternoon and evening - i have NONE!!!

It works for me!!!

On my work days I end up working out in the morning before I go. On my days off from work, I end up training in the early afternoon. Of course, part of that is because I sleep till noon.

evening

i never really wake up till mid-day and then i always need a break right after uni lectures to re-energize, so i normally hit the gym pretty late around 8-10pm

i'm thinking about switching to morning, i guess if i got into the routine it would make a pretty good habit.. as usually after the gym i find that i'm really awake and i can concetrate a lot better (i will come home, eat, then just study till i'm tired)

dunno if i could do it though waking up at 6 every morning esspecially seeing that my flats are really noizey till about 12 each night

I'm an early morning workout person too. about 6-615am. first I like having the evenings off after work to relax/do whatever. second the traffic here in the DC area is un-friggin believable, so I beat the traffic headed to work too. thirdly, the gym is ALOT less crowded in the morning. the gym I go to has over 12000 members

If training in the AM is bad then that makes me naughty :lol:

I want to be home and relaxed before 5pm, so as long as that happens it is irrelevant to me at what the precise time is. This week I have been going around 2pm, which fits my schedule perfect because I am supposed to be working at that time. :D.

Twin Peak said:
There relative difference is miniscule. It is far more important to train when you get a better workout, and at a time that you can stick to.
As much as it pains me to do so,I have to agree with TP here!! :)

Just kidding buddy....great advice and very true.

Peace!!

Afternoon training for me

If you are awake and warmed up mornings are fine IMO, I used to do mornings a few years ago because going at 2AM was killing my sleep schedule.

I've always trained in the early morning, and I love it! I feel great for the rest of the day after a good workout....

Duncans Donuts said:
Afternoon training for me

I wish I could do afternoon training every day; damned work...

Back