• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Need help running a 5k

Chain Link

Cyber Athlete
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Somebody big please carry me. :bawling: :lol:

It was six days after Christmas, and the people Amassed.
Chain thought of something, and said it dumbassed.
"For a new years resolution, lets run a 5k!"
And now Poor Chain Link must rue the day. :(

And the day of reckoning is.. December 4th! Kind of sucks, Ive been enjoying the hell out of myself cutting for the last few months.. down to 185 from 208 :D(Lightest Ive been since 16, lol.. Im not muscular) So myself and a friend have started training.. Jogging.

Ive been wondering, would it be worthwhile to do HIIT instead? Its less than a half hour for us to run a 5k, but thats well into the zone of burning muscle, right? I realize its meant to build endurance, but its seems counter productive. Plus I have no problem going 5k, I just want to finish faster :)

Also, I figure if Im going to do this, Im going to have to actually start eating again lol; So I might as well work out upper body while Im at it(Im a little iffy about abs; they feel kind of sore just from the jogging)
I remember reading that that if you do cardio, to do it after lifting, so you're not too tired to lift what you should be. Any suggestions on this? My thoughts were along the lines of..
Lift, Shake, run
or Lift, shake, wait 30 minutes, run

If you want to increase your speed your best bet is to do interval speed running. Outside if possible. You have to get your body used to running faster. Best thing is find a track and do repeats - 2 laps easy (usual pace) and then 1 lap all out - recover briefly (walk a lap) and then do it again. Try for 5-6 intervals each workout and you will be cooked. I wouldn't do lift, shake and then run or you're going to be a mighty sick boy. Take the shake after you run.

Since it's only 5k you're running the entire time pretty much flat out but you have to be prepared for it. PM me if you have any questions.

My 5k PB is 19:30 in case you're wondering.

5k isn't that far, I wouldn't worry to much about loosing muscle for energy, just pretend the cops are after you and your speed should pick up. :)

ponyboy said:
If you want to increase your speed your best bet is to do interval speed running. Outside if possible. You have to get your body used to running faster. Best thing is find a track and do repeats - 2 laps easy (usual pace) and then 1 lap all out - recover briefly (walk a lap) and then do it again. Try for 5-6 intervals each workout and you will be cooked. I wouldn't do lift, shake and then run or you're going to be a mighty sick boy. Take the shake after you run.

Since it's only 5k you're running the entire time pretty much flat out but you have to be prepared for it. PM me if you have any questions.

My 5k PB is 19:30 in case you're wondering.

Great info, Thanks! I cant think of a track nearby, but my route is 3.4 - 4 miles depending on mood. My friend had actually mentioned sprints while jogging, so I manage about 6 thoughout, but they get somewhat brief near the end since I go back to jogging instead of walking right after.
As for lift shake and run.. God I dont know what I was thinking :lol: It occured to me during work.. Why not just lift the next day :doh:
19:30 5k.. :bow:

Scotty the Body said:
5k isn't that far, I wouldn't worry to much about loosing muscle for energy, just pretend the cops are after you and your speed should pick up. :)
I knew I was doing it wrong! I was running like I had bad diarea :lol: My form was all wrong and my shoes stink! But Yeah, Im not worried about finishing, thats easy.. I just want to finish as fast as possible, preferably beating both my friends who are going :D It actually looks possible now too.. last time(Like, a half year ago) we went jogging, I was on par with one, and the other was way ahead.. Today I beat the other friend who was always ahead :banana: Then again, Im about 23 pounds less than I was last time we went; and I think that plays a factor. Im picturing me running the same route with a 25 lb barbell on my back and it explains alot :D

Back