• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

How Often Do You Train?

soxmuscle

Follow @TheUnzippedFly
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was and still am considering changing from a 5 day split to a 4 day split, but am wondering. If some of you guys who work, go to school or are just preoccupied, would you guys workout 5 times per week over the 3-4 if you had the time?

Basically, I have the time, hell I've been doing it for over a year now, and just want to do whats best and what will make me the biggest.

Should I continue to workout 5 days a week or should I cut it down to 4 days per week?

I like 3 or 4 days per week. 5 would be too frequent for my taste. I see no reason to drag it out when I accomplish everything I need to in a smaller number of days. As well, I don't like the idea of training 3 days in a row. I also like to fit in cardio when I can. It becomes harder if I lift more days. I try to avoid doing both on the same day.

CowPimp said:
I like 3 or 4 days per week. 5 would be too frequent for my taste. I see no reason to drag it out when I accomplish everything I need to in a smaller number of days. As well, I don't like the idea of training 3 days in a row. I also like to fit in cardio when I can. It becomes harder if I lift more days. I try to avoid doing both on the same day.
Thanks man, just looking for some feedback. Appreciate it. Next please.

5 nights a week. i do chest, back/abs, tris, bis, and shoulders on M, T, W, R, and F, respectively. im ghey so i dont do legs. otherwise id throw bis and tris together on T and do legs W.

i like splitting it up more because i feel better the less time i spend in the gym. the less time spent means the more intense each minute can be.

I've trained 7 days a week, 5, 4 and now 3 days a week...

Every 2 days. So usually 2-3 times a week.

I like to train 3 days a week - Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday - the day off in between every workout really gets me focused for my training and the rest seems to make a huge difference. On my off days - I like to play sports or do something outside.

I go 5 days a week. Chest, back, shoulders, legs, arms. Off Saturday and Sunday.

i do 3-4 days a week. usually 3. I also go tuesday, thursday, saturday as yellowmoomba does.

The variation in days per week iqs quite interesting. Thanks guys.

LAM -- Would you workout more if you had the time, or do you scientifically workout three times per work because it has been proven that you gain the most muscle that way?

Basically, I have the time to workout five days per week, should I or should I cut down to four as some people have suggested?

IML Gear Cream!
soxmuscle said:
Basically, I have the time to workout five days per week, should I or should I cut down to four as some people have suggested?

If you have never tried less than a 5 day split, I suggest you try it. If you don't like it, or the results are sub par, then continue doing what you were doing. However, you might as well try different things. There is no best way.

it's hard to say. You can alter your wo and see if you feel/see the same kind of results.

If you have never tried less than a 5 day split, I suggest you try it. If you don't like it, or the results are sub par, then continue doing what you were doing. However, you might as well try different things. There is no best way.

What he said. You've heard mixed opinions here so now there's only one way to know for sure.

:wave:

4 days a week currently.

I try for 4 days a week, preferably Sun, Mon, Wed, and Fri.

soxmuscle said:
LAM -- Would you workout more if you had the time, or do you scientifically workout three times per work because it has been proven that you gain the most muscle that way?

Mudge is correct about my current routine. I'm doing Doggcrap's Monday/Wednesday/Friday routine.

I would be lying if I said that I like going to workout now because I don't. This is by far the hardest shit I've ever done in my life...I'm sore everyday and usually can't eat for several hours after training because I feel sick.

I've done it all like HIT, HST, traditional 3-5 day split routines, high-volume routines. I've trained 1 big body part in the am and another smaller one in the pm and now Doggcrap.

IMO...they all work, you get out of them what you put in...

LAM said:
Mudge is correct about my current routine. I'm doing Doggcrap's Monday/Wednesday/Friday routine.

I would be lying if I said that I like going to workout now because I don't. This is by far the hardest shit I've ever done in my life...I'm sore everyday and usually can't eat for several hours after training because I feel sick.

I've done it all like HIT, HST, traditional 3-5 day split routines, high-volume routines. I've trained 1 big body part in the am and another smaller one in the pm and now Doggcrap.

IMO...they all work, you get out of them what you put in...
Thanks man.

IML Gear Cream!
5 days a week. Mon/Tues/Wed/Fri/Sat, and I am on a 3 day split.

Mon Quads, Hams, cardio
Tues Calves, Shoulers/Traps, Bi's, Abs
Wed Cardio (indoor soccer)
Thrs OFF
Fri Back, forearms, Abs
Sat Calves, Chest, Tri's, Abs
Sun OFF

workin' great.
I agree with LAM....you get out what you put in....

Flex said:
Mon Quads, Hams, cardio
Tues Calves, Shoulers/Traps, Bi's, Abs
Wed Cardio (indoor soccer)
Thrs OFF
Fri Back, forearms, Abs
Sat Calves, Chest, Tri's, Abs
Sun OFF

workin' great.
I agree with LAM....you get out what you put in....
Thanks guys. I will be sticking with the 5 day split atleast for now while I have the time to do so. If I need to work moure hours of the week, I might look to cut it down to 4 days, but while I have the time, and since it keeps me out of doing other things I shouldnt be doing, I am going to stick with the 5 days.

Back