• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

stretching between sets

KarlW

My Little Man
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
On a scale from 1 to 5, 5 being "most beneficial" and 1 being "downright dangerous" how do you rate stretching between sets?

Stretching

Hi matel,

Its not so much just the act of stretching that is important. How you stretch is also very important. There are different types of stetching that benefit the muscles in different ways. I have outlined the major types of stretches below.

1. Static Stretching
This is the most basic form of stretching. An example would be stretching down to touch your toes and then holding this position for several seconds.

2. Ballistic Stretching
An example of ballistic stretching would be to reach this same toe-touching position and then to bounce forward and backward to stretch the muscles and ligaments that little bit more.

3. Dynamic Stretching
Dynamic stretching is a more loose and gentle movement and is usually specific to the exercise that is about to be performed. A typical example would be that of lying on your back and mimicking the Bench press immediately prior to actually performing the exercise.

I hope that this helps :)

mmuscle

http://www.makemuscle.net

stretching is key, not only to get your muscles feeling better, but also to catch your breath for your next set.

After I complete a set, I'll be stretching and walking, and just thinking about the next set and then I hit it as best as I can.

A definate 5, I always stretch after a set..

Infact it's a good idea to stretch before doing anything with lots of movement (common sense I guess) I tore one of my quads last year because I thought I was tough and didn't need to.

Static stretching temporarily reduces strength, so save it til the end. Do a dynamic warm up and you shouldn't need to stretch between sets. If you are trying to facilitate blood flow to the area, than just do a dynamic stretch.

I do a dynamic warm up with the first set being fairly slow and the 2nd being almost ballistic. Has helped me tons in the flexibility area.

I ALWAYS stretch and flex before, inbetween and after ALL working sets

I find it is very beneficial so its another 5 'right heuuur!' :thumb:

"downright dangerous"

please explain why you thought it could be dangerous? stretching cold muscles... yes, stretching before sets with only a light cardio warm-up... doubtful but possible, stretching after a work set NO CHANCE!... you've just blasted that muscle and already stretched/contracted it with a heavy ass weight, no chance of injury man!

IML Gear Cream!
stretch and flex before, inbetween and after ALL working sets

I find it is very beneficial so its another 5
i agree, just don't go overboard... it's essential to establishing that mind/muscle connection IMHO.

young d,

I didn't realy believe it could be dangerous, just needed to describe a '1' on the scale. I've stretched between sets most of the time, and just about everything I've read supports it. The thought occured to me though as to whether it might be NOT a good thing to stretch a muscle that has just been under heavy load and subsequently has a lot of blood in the area.

Just wanted to hear opinions which I have

cheers everyone.

I'm weird I guess because I don't stretch at all. I often warm up by doing sets with just the bar to get the blood flowin'. That's about it. I've been lifting for years and never seriously pulled a muscle while working out.

Back