• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

when doing deadlifts?

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
when doing deadlifts?

Do u pick the weight off the rack or the floor??
:yell:

Last edited:
up to u.

The rack can be used to elevate the starting position of the deadlift to form what is known as "top" deadlifts. However, I find with 45's on the bar lifting off the floor is fine.

I think you can also use a lifting platform to lower the starting position.

i find when i got from the floor i get one less then if i took it off the rack... i gess the first one is hard..

Pulling from the rack is called a rack deadlift. It's a great accessory exercise to help you strengthen that portion of the range of motion on the standard deadlift. Conversely, there are also platform deadlifts. You pull from the floor, but you're standing on a platform. This increases your range of motion.

Platform deadlifts? That sounds dangerous. I couldn't imagine bending over FURTHER than the floor to lift it..

Duncans Donuts said:
Platform deadlifts? That sounds dangerous. I couldn't imagine bending over FURTHER than the floor to lift it..

I do platform SLDLs, which is basically the same thing. My lower back gets stimulated very heavily during this exercise. You just have to make sure your form is impeccable. You have to keep your entire core very tight, arch your back as much as possible, and make sure not to exhale until you pass a certain point so as to increase intra-abdominal pressure.

CP do you go as far down as you can? cause I'm quite flexible on the SLDL's but sometimes am concerned about the lower back so I limit my ROM, do you think that's a god thing?

I wish..........i mean a good thing?

IML Gear Cream!
Yes, I go down as far as I can. When I do platform SLDLs I am probably an inch or less from touching my toes with the bar. I try to avoid complete muscular failure on this exercise though, because I want to make sure I maintain solid form. I also try to use a fairly low number of repetitions for the same reason.

I use a rack (at its lowest position) cause it is easier to load the plates. However, I stand on a platform so the bar is only a few inches above my toes. I do my heavy dead lifts this way and will sometimes do my stiff leg DLs this way as a variation. But all my deads come of the rack, just easier to load the bar.

Duncans Donuts said:

You don't bend over further. You squat down further.

Maybe he means stiff-legged deadlifts. (?)

Squaggleboggin said:
Maybe he means stiff-legged deadlifts. (?)

No. There are platform deadlifts, and platform straight-leg deadlifts.

yes a normal platform deadlift is if you want to start lower than if you had 45's on the bar from the floor. Similar to using 25's from the floor except you need twice as many (of course).

Back