• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Chest and Bench Press

crimsondestinyx

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is there a different between chest press and bench press? If so, is their a big difference; especially if there's one between a chest press witha machine and a free weight bench press.

Are you talking about doing bench press with the smitch macine? I dont know why someone would use this macine to do bench press. I suspsect that its because they do not have someone to spot them when doing bench. When I needed a spot and didnt have one, which is rare, I would use dumbells. I would use dumbells even with a spot before I would use the "smith" machine to do bench.

meh , I just use the regular bench even if I have no one to spot me ... I just wont do that last rep that I might or might not do .

free weight > machine
machine has its use but you shouldn't rely on them.

I mean, there's a machine, i don't know what it's called, that you sit in and push outwards and it says it's a chest press. I would go into the free weights but there's always an ass load of people in their on every bench and I am usually pressed for time.

you sit and push vertically, that's a chest press machine. depend on the brands, some are pretty good, some are extremly shit.
can't you do dumbell press??

WilliamB said:
Are you talking about doing bench press with the smitch macine?
I think he's talking about the Hammer Strength ( or similar brand) Chest Press where you load plates, sit in a chair and press forward.

I dont know why someone would use this macine to do bench press. I suspsect that its because they do not have someone to spot them when doing bench. When I needed a spot and didnt have one, which is rare, I would use dumbells. I would use dumbells even with a spot before I would use the "smith" machine to do bench.
I was never a fan of Smith Machines, but a old strained rotator cuff injury was causing alot of discomfort as well as a significant drop in poundages on the flat and incline bench. About 9 months ago on the advice of a trainer I trust very much, I started using the Smith Machine instead and it has worked very well for me. The strain doesn't bother me and because the bar is on a fixed plane, I can now always bring the bar down to the proper part of the chest that I want, whether it be lower, middle or upper.

I do mix in dumbbells also.

I would always recommend that a beginner or new intermediate trainer always work on the basics, which means barbell and dumbbell presses, but for someone more advanced, the Smith Machine is a good change of pace.

The Smith has its place, but is not perfect in all cases. I squatted there once and said never again.

Back