• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

I will never be huge!

seabee

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have been going at it hard for 8 years. I am 50 lbs heavier and muscular, but not huge. Gains are slow to nothing now. I'm 6' 2'' and 200 lbs.

Anyone else stalled? Any ideas how to get to 220 and still see some abs?

Um, eat more. You grow via calories.

switch up your routine, eat more quality foods, try supplementing.

Not going to be able to do much just telling us you've been at it for eight years, what exactly have you been doing for eight years? what are your routines like?

Your diet is flawed.

And with the attitude of "I will never be huge" you probably will never be huge. Positive thinking is key! :)

At 6'2" like me, you'll be huge when you are 280 and lean.

Which most of us will never be.

Mudge said:
At 6'2" like me, you'll be huge when you are 280 and lean.

Which most of us will never be.

Way to crush his dreams Mudge....lol

nah is subjecitve. I would feel huge 220 and ripped

Very subjective :)

There is a lawyer here who is 290@9%, 57" chest and 23" arms (arm heavy). He is a little big :grin: He gets up to 320 but gets tired of the eating.

seabee said:
I have been going at it hard for 8 years. I am 50 lbs heavier and muscular, but not huge. Gains are slow to nothing now. I'm 6' 2'' and 200 lbs.

At 6'2" tall and 200 pounds you are already a big guy. Everyone that has posted has advised you basically the same thing ... EAT! Throw your diet up so the IM dietician experts can tweak you in. I find it unlikely that you could not add at least 50 pounds to your frame over a medium period of time and much more with a steady diet and training program. 50 pounds of LBM spread out over a 6'2" frame is not really that much either. And that is without gear ... :thumb: ... post your diet.

Uhh, I was skinny at 215 bro. 200 to 250 though? Huge difference, I am not even currently 250 but I dont look anything like I did at 215 much less 200.

Its not as much as a 5'6" person but you'd practically build an Olympian with 50 pounds at that height, 50 pounds surely will show up quite readily.

IML Gear Cream!
that is my problem as well....I am STUCK at about 190lbs, no matter what I do...I do think there is somewhat of a limit to what you should be though...I mean, when I was 21 years old I was 5'10" and 145 lbs soaking wet...by the time I was 25, I was 195lbs and yes of course it was a HUGE difference for me, now I am 30 and I weigh 190... I am not complaining, it is a very lean looking 190 though, I don't look big at all, which sometimes amazes me what I can lift considering I don't feel all that big:bulb: . But, I know I am a small framed guy who put on 50 pounds from what I was...now I honestly don't think I will ever be 220lbs at my height of 5'10". To me, that would be too much weight and might not even be healthy for me...now someone who is 6'2", then yeah you probably can reach 225 no problem, but not me, I think I am done...maybe, maybe if I went all out and ate like a monster I can hit 200, which would be my goal and limit...if I make it great, if not, oh well :rocker:

Its called FOOD, counting your calories every day.

There is a trainer who was 137 pounds and is now over 300, its called making food your religious experience every day for years on end without breaking it. If you want to be healthy about it then eat healthy, not ice cream around the clock :)

I'm trying not to be mean to our boy seabee while advising him to add that 50 pounds Mudge. You look down at those legs of yours and remember what 200 was like. SNT would call 'em"get-away-sticks". Now your legs are a walking resemblance to the hulk without the skin tone ... Mudge I bet you can jump over a volkswagon and clear it without even spilling your protein shake!

250 @ 6'2" is a medium weight and very atainable for seabee. I look large when I am @ 230 and I'm only 6' (OK 1/4" short of 6'). Start looking at the diet stickies and do a little lurking in on mudge's journal for tips on eating proper. I do :D

seabee said:

i feel ya pain bro, i struggle a lot to put on muscle whilst keeping ripped too, everyone says EAT EAT EAT! but then you get fat, then you cut and your back where you started

all i can say is really look at your diet and try make sure your training is periodized - thats what i'm trying right now, 2 weeks of low volume (strength), 1 week of medium volume (mass), 1 week of high volume (reps) then crash it back down to the low volume stuff, seems to be working alright so far, weight is back on the up

peace

I don't think you realize how important food is. If you aren't counting calories, then you have to start. You might be surprised how much food it takes to gain weight. I'm at about 190, and I have been eating 3.7-4K calories per day, plus more on my two cheat days, and I'm not really gaining weight anymore. I probably need more like 4.5K to start gaining. At 200 pounds, I would probably need 5K+. That is a ludicrous amount of food. That's what it takes though.

CowPimp said:
I don't think you realize how important food is. If you aren't counting calories, then you have to start. You might be surprised how much food it takes to gain weight. I'm at about 190, and I have been eating 3.7-4K calories per day, plus more on my two cheat days, and I'm not really gaining weight anymore. I probably need more like 4.5K to start gaining. At 200 pounds, I would probably need 5K+. That is a ludicrous amount of food. That's what it takes though.

sheesh...i guess i need to start counting....and start eating more... :( Are there any good tools online to count calories...? does this mean weighing food and all?

Cowpimp...can you give me an example of a typical day that gives you 4000 cals?

Yep , you need to take a good amount of of food . Supplements might be a good way to get thoses extra calories in . I know its not easy , but you have to do what you have to do :( If you really want to obtain that goal , youll have to eat plenty.

ChrisROCK said:
sheesh...i guess i need to start counting....and start eating more... :( Are there any good tools online to count calories...? does this mean weighing food and all?
Jodi is one of the resident experts on diet and she recomended http://www.nutritiondata.com/ to someone the other day. I've looked it over and find it very useful. Also give www.fitday.com a look as well.

ChrisROCK said:

Cowpimp...can you give me an example of a typical day that gives you 4000 cals?

The links bonecrusher provided are good. Check my journal to see what I eat.

BoneCrusher said:
250 @ 6'2" is a medium weight and very atainable for seabee. I look large when I am @ 230 and I'm only 6' (OK 1/4" short of 6'). Start looking at the diet stickies and do a little lurking in on mudge's journal for tips on eating proper. I do :D

I'm hardly an example of eating proper for the moment, I have some saturated fats in my diet and the cakes and pies, and milk are somewhere in there as well. I was 242 this morning at 6'2".

I start my new, clean diet in about a week.

IML Gear Cream!
Mudge said:
Very subjective :)

There is a lawyer here who is 290@9%, 57" chest and 23" arms (arm heavy). He is a little big :grin: He gets up to 320 but gets tired of the eating.

So he has IFBB pro numbers then?

gopro said:
So he has IFBB pro numbers then?

9% bodyfat not 4%, he has been juicing pretty hard for 10 years now. He is a criminal lawyer, but partakes in powerlifting he doesn't compete as a BB.

There are small and large pros, not everyone is a Kovacs, Priest or Coleman.

So, what would "look big" for someone like me who's 5'10" ? Right now I weigh about 160lbs, but I just change my diet a week ago to much healthier foods, and I change my routine about 3 weeks to a month ago. Last night I had an insane appetite after I worked out which is still continuing today after eating a lot more than I used to. Yesterday I ate more than I would in 3 days a few weeks ago. In addition I'm going to get some whey so hopefully that will stimulate some growth as well. I am however only 18, and I'm wondering if I should concentrate more on losing any fat I have now, because don't you usually gain weight as you get older?

When you are older physical activity often lessens and metabolism likewise slows down, they go hand in hand somewhat. As hormone levels drop, this also promotes a little fat gain. So, crappy normal peoples diets, lack of activity, plus aging = health degredation.

Whatever you consider big, is big.

Get to where you want to be. Most of the people who are huge (280 + and lean) are on a pretty good bit or steroids. Not always, but sometimes if you compare yourself to say Ronnie Coleman, you are bound to be let down :)

Make your goals in small intervals. Shoot for 2-3 pounds of muscle while maintaining your body fat in 3 or 4 months. Train to get stronger. If you try and add, oh, 50 pounds in a year you will be enormously dissapointed (or end up enormously fat..)

For a beginner, 10 pounds in a year is reasonable. For a guy who is advanced, 3-5 pounds of solid muscle in a year is a good objective. Be dilligent, and set accountable goals

Im 6'6/6'7. How much do i have to weight to look HOOOOOOUUUUGGGGGGG. Not that I'm going to try to get that big. What, about 330?

Mudge said:
9% bodyfat not 4%, he has been juicing pretty hard for 10 years now. He is a criminal lawyer, but partakes in powerlifting he doesn't compete as a BB.

There are small and large pros, not everyone is a Kovacs, Priest or Coleman.

Yeah, but if he is 290 at 9% (and you say he can be even larger), he can be 255 at 4%, and thus be very comfortable on an IFBB stage.

Sounds light for a guy 6'3" but yeah, he has the money to run a lot of stuff.

Mudge said:
Uhh, I was skinny at 215 bro. 200 to 250 though? Huge difference, I am not even currently 250 but I dont look anything like I did at 215 much less 200.

Its not as much as a 5'6" person but you'd practically build an Olympian with 50 pounds at that height, 50 pounds surely will show up quite readily.
So mudge your saying I still have a chance at my height of 5'6"? :p :p I'm shootin for my ultimate goal of 200lbs...come a few more months I start my very very slow bulk to reach some bigger numbers...this 170ish range just aint cuttin it for me!

Seabee Everyone goes through these points. Just get your diet in check and keep at it. If you are progressing that slow your doing somethign wrong...its not genetics. Just keep on eating and keep it clean...I don't see why you would have trouble putting on a few pounds if everything is done right.

Back