• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Need protein supplement advice

Vince2005

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am thinking of trying a protein supplement and I have a couple of questions about protein supplements

Will I heal faster if I take protein supplements?
Are there any side effects of taking protein at my age which is 17?
What protein supplement can you recommend that I could buy at GNC?

Thanks

Protein is the building block of muscle. Asking if protein will make you heal faster is like asking if more bricks will make a house go up faster. You still have to build it, and that takes time. But with the proper building blocks, your training will be much more effective.

A very high-protein diet can be hard on your kidneys. However, keeping it at about 1-1.5 grams of protein per lb of body weight is pretty safe and pretty commonly recommended.

A cost-effective brand of protein that I always use is Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Protein. It is around 40 bucks at GNC, but honestly I'd stay away from that place. You can find the same stuff for $25 or less on a number of websites.

You can find the answer to this and other questions if you will do a Google search or search these forums.

no
no
none

check out this www.1fast400.com and search for ON 100% whey :thumb:

if you must buy from GNC get a gold card, and pick up a 'whey' supplement from any of the big brands... such as ON, Met-RX, EAS, Prolab, Designer... i'd buy what ever is on offer! if non of them are ON is your best bet

peace

Still the best I have found is EAS MyoWhey Protein. 5lbs $21.80 at DPS Nutrition. Can anyone beat that ($4.36/lb)?

After reading I think I am just gonna stay all natural and not use supplements.Thanks for your help.

Vince2005 said:
After reading I think I am just gonna stay all natural and not use supplements.Thanks for your help.
You will still be all natural if you use things like creatine and protein. You are actually at somewhat of a disadvantage if you train without protein supplementation unless you have a very well balanced, high protein diet. IMO whey protein is the most basic and most important supplement for weightlifters.

gococksDJS said:
You will still be all natural if you use things like creatine and protein. You are actually at somewhat of a disadvantage if you train without protein supplementation unless you have a very well balanced, high protein diet. IMO whey protein is the most basic and most important supplement for weightlifters.
Agreed. :thumb:

Are you still natural if you use a protein with artificial flavors ;)

Well, if you want to be completely natural just give up lifting weights too. After all, you don't want all that horrible artificial muscle on your frame do you? ;)

I've come to the conclusion that everything is unnatural and bad for you.

The good news is that death is perfectly natural.

cfs3 said:
The good news is that death is perfectly natural.
Assuming you die of natural causes of course.

cfs3 I gotta say.....

You have the most hypnotic avatar in the forum. Hands down. ;)

Back