• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Crazy Genetics?

BigDyl

Elite Kiki
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I just got done a farily short/intense lifting session. While I was in the weight room, a weight room friend, who I see all the time, was lifting. We were both doing chest/tri's. He would do a pyramid up to a heavy weight, doing 5 sets and then trying to max. He did this with Flat, Incline, then he moved to decline. He did 8 sets on decline, then attempted 110% of his max, which he got. He got it up half way, then stopped then sort of forced it up, in a jerk-like motion. The guy was indefatigable.

:hmmm:

Sounds to me like hes a chronic overtrainer, and his body has somewhat adapted to it. Wayyyyy to many sets for chest, in my opinion at least. My old gym buddy is the same way, he has done tons of sets for every body part for years, and seems to work for em. ALthough i am whooping him in the strength to bodyweight ratio. I suppose its possible though that geneticly, he can have greater muscular endurance.

BigDyl said:
I just got done a farily short/intense lifting session. While I was in the weight room, a weight room friend, who I see all the time, was lifting. We were both doing chest/tri's. He would do a pyramid up to a heavy weight, doing 5 sets and then trying to max. He did this with Flat, Incline, then he moved to decline. He did 8 sets on decline, then attempted 110% of his max, which he got. He got it up half way, then stopped then sort of forced it up, in a jerk-like motion. The guy was indefatigable.

:hmmm:

it takes some people many sets to warm up on the bench, I'm the same way. light sets feel awkward to me when doing any kind of bench press. sometimes sets of 400+ go easier than sets of 225...go figure

LAM said:
it takes some people many sets to warm up on the bench, I'm the same way. light sets feel awkward to me when doing any kind of bench press. sometimes sets of 400+ go easier than sets of 225...go figure

Yeah, well your a beast. He was basically doing over 75% of his 1RM, for 17 sets, until he attempted his new 1RM.

LAM said:
i know exactly what your talking about, i can do 255 about 10 times but, maybe its mental but 185 still is a little scary to me, haha, i was at a point where that was i couldnt push past 185 and it still makes me feel wierd when thinking about it, :hmmm:

I just do one warmup set of about 80 pounds. Then I go to 200, then I take a bit off for each set after that.

ph8bringer said:
I just do one warmup set of about 80 pounds. Then I go to 200, then I take a bit off for each set after that.

thats what i do......................................

How many sets do you guys do for chest day? im on a bulk and lift heavy..so i do about 7-9 including warmups, i do feel my chest sore after every workout, i tihnk im a bit overtraining becasue i dont think you are supposed to feel your chest sore after like 4-5 years

The more you lift the more warmups are needed. As for him forcing the weight up, sounds like he used his shoulders and arms, which is asking for trouble, and would not be legal in competition. It must be a clean press. Even angle on the bar can be a DQ.

Back