• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Leg Day

Vise

The Pimp Juice
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i have been trying out Mentzer's HIT and have been liking it a lot. i just have one question, my leg day is kinda brutal,; am i gonna overtrain myself b/c of too high a volume?
here it is:
squats: 20 reps
dls: 6-8 reps
single leg press: 6-8 reps
standing ham curls:8-10
front squats: 6-8 reps
standing calves:20-30 reps

That's not Mentzer's leg routine. You're defitently overtraining.

i was not saying it was Mentzer's routine, it was a hit sort of routine (meaning one set at full intensity. i sorta figured i was overtraining and that is why i posted. i will probably cut out a compound exercise. i am not training to gain muscle mass any more; just trying keep what i have while i am cutting.

If you are talkin reps and not sets i don't rekon you are over training....
I'd do more hamstring work though

If you are working out in a HIT fashion, you have a problem; you're doing 6 exercises, most of them overlapping in one way or another. One truely "all-out" set of squats and maybe another leg and calf exercise should leave you completely spent. If you aren't, you aren't working out hard enough in accordance with HIT principles..

If you aren't going to failure, you may not be overtrained

my routine is extremely intense and this is the exact reason i posted it. i was inquiring if this was too much volume b/c i could barely finish my last workout. i dred leg day and am ususally tired for the rest of the day. if i wasn't dieting so intensely i think i would still be able to handle the volume but perhaps i will have to cut down my leg workouts until i'm done cutting.

leg day revised: (one set of each exercise not including warm up)

squats: 20 reps
dls: 6-8
standing ham curl: 8-10
unilateral leg extension: 8-10
lying ham curl: 8-10

I am bulking and can hardly finish leg day.... if you are working hard you have a massive amount of muscle to train so fatigue is going to be high ;)

If you really want to do HIT, stick to 4-5 exercises for each workout (no more than 2 for a bodypart..) and go till you collapse. Maybe superset something (squats and leg extensions). I don't understand why you are adding front squats and leg presses to squats? This is contradictory to typical HIT protocol :confused:

i just feel like i did nothing in the gym if i don't train for at least 15-20 min. sometimes i am so exhuasted i cannot even finish the last exercise.

I would try olympic squats, straight leg deadlifts, and some standing calf raises.

Back