• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Do you agree with these statements?

Carpe Diem

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am trying to develop my own philosophy on aerobics and weightloss for a future project.

It seems to me that many people can't wrap their mind around this concept and I am trying to simplify it..

Feel free to pick it apart and make suggestions.

Because your body adapts to aerobics so quickly, start from the very bottom and work your way up. In other words, don't start running 45 minutes every day. Start with a 20 minute walk, 3 times a week. When your fat loss comes to a stop, increase one: duration, intensity, or frequency. Just change one at a time to shock your body. You have many options, increase duration by 10 minutes, or increase intensity, or increase frequency by a day or two. You can increase intensity by walking faster, or by increasing the angle on your treadmill, or by doing interval training. In Interval training, you walk slow for about five minutes and very fast for five minutes, and so on. You choose the duration of each interval. What's important is that you change only one thing, and only if you need to. It is also important that you start at the bottom and work your way up as your weight loss program progresses. If you start by running 45 minutes every day, what are you going to do when your body adapts and your fat loss comes to a stop? Can you afford to spend 8 hours every day doing aerobics? Get the point?

good thoughts...I would agree with most of what you said.

I was just wondering how you are planning on using this information....it has been my experience that sound principles like what you mention above dont ALWAY seem to work for people (75% of the time they do)...but if you are a personal trainer you have to figure out what works best for that person....even if it means they have to do cardio 3 hours a day wearing a rubber suit and singing Christmas songs...that may be the only thing that gets the job done for that person.

I have yet to figure out the "magic formula" and have come to the conclusion that there isnt one...but like I said....your ideas will probably work on 75% of the people...you mention manipulating different variables of the basics concerning cardio....and as always the basics are the best place to start and sometimes the best place to end up too!

the main reason why aerobics only do so much is because there is no continuous
remodeling of skeletal muscle like there is with resistance training. the impact on the endocrine system is severely limited when there is very little or no microtrauma from a session of exercise...

Back