• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

postworkout meal timing-

ShannonC_77

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello,

I was just wondering what you guys think is the best intervals to eat your postworkout meals? Obviously the first one is immediately after you finish training, but then how long do you wait to eat your second meal? And also, how many grams of protein and carbs do you eat at each of these meals?

Does it make a difference if you just did cardio as opposed to doing weights?

Thanks!

ShannonC_77 said:
Hello,

I was just wondering what you guys think is the best intervals to eat your postworkout meals? Obviously the first one is immediately after you finish training, but then how long do you wait to eat your second meal? And also, how many grams of protein and carbs do you eat at each of these meals?

Read the sticky at the top of this page and all these answers will be ansered....thank you.
I don't take in carbs after my cardio but thats b/c i do it at night but I don't think you need to. You are not destroying many fibers while doing cardio so there is nothing to repair...only your metabolism is kicked into overdrive to burn the fat.
Thanks!

this is a very subjective question

you clearly have some research to do

your stats, your goals, how your body chemistry responds, age, sex (u a chic? whats up.) kinds of macronutrients, etc all come into factor.

but ill tell you what you want to hear... 40gr protein and 40 gram carb in both meals, one after training and one 2 hrs later

ASSPUNCTURE said:
this is a very subjective question

you clearly have some research to do

your stats, your goals, how your body chemistry responds, age, sex (u a chic? whats up.) kinds of macronutrients, etc all come into factor.

but ill tell you what you want to hear... 40gr protein and 40 gram carb in both meals, one after training and one 2 hrs later
How can you give macro's like that if you have no idea the persons wieght or goals really here? Also why one after then 2 hours later?? Ideally you would want a meal directly after then 30-60 minutes after that meal not 2 hours....your body burns that food up fast and needs rapid nourishment.

DeadBolt said:
How can you give macro's like that if you have no idea the persons wieght or goals really here? Also why one after then 2 hours later?? Ideally you would want a meal directly after then 30-60 minutes after that meal not 2 hours....your body burns that food up fast and needs rapid nourishment.

Let me begin by quoting myself from my previous post...

"but ill tell you what you want to hear"

That means i just blurted out some generic info becuase thats all he was basicly asking for. In short, what I said was a joke...or mockery if you will...of the question at hand. I feel you failed to fully comprehend the post.

PS: not trying to be a jagg hoff to Shannon C just open her mind up a little to the wonderful diversity of different peoples body chemistry.

ShannonC_77 said:
Hello,

Thanks!
I have my post workout meal about 45 minutes after my workout is done. I do replenish before that by drinking a creatine and dextrose drink in the locker room immediately afterwards. The post workout meal for me is a protein drink with a tablespoon of flax seed oil and glutamine ( 26 grams of protein and 14 grams of healthy fat) and a combination of simple ( fruit, a bagel and in the offseason frozen yogurt or lite ice cream) and complex carbs( usually a red baked potato). I don't bother any more to shoot for a certain amount of carbs, but this combination of foods has worked very well in improving my overall muscle mass the last year and a half. I did read a couple of years ago that a good rule of thumb was to ingest .40 to.75 grams of carbs per pound of bodyweight post workout, lower for women and endomorphs, higher for larger men and ectomorphs.

The meal after that I time based on when I get hungry. I think it is important to listen to your body. If it is hungry, then it is time to eat again. For me, sometimes its as soon as an hour, other times 2 or 3 hours, especially if I take a nap after the first meal. This is a mainly protein based meal, with some carbs also.

My cardio is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Preventing muscle catabolism is very important as I have not eaten for 9-10 hours. I also need to replenish the glycogen stores depleted during over night sleep and the cardio. So I eat a larger than normal breakfast ( consisting of protein and carbs) and also add a protein drink with glutamine and some amino acids.

ASSPUNCTURE said:
Let me begin by quoting myself from my previous post...

"but ill tell you what you want to hear"

That means i just blurted out some generic info becuase thats all he was basicly asking for. In short, what I said was a joke...or mockery if you will...of the question at hand. I feel you failed to fully comprehend the post.

PS: not trying to be a jagg hoff to Shannon C just open her mind up a little to the wonderful diversity of different peoples body chemistry.
Got ya...I'm a little slow sometimes.

ASSPUNCTURE said:
PSS: your back and lat development is lagging...i suggest quiting your bicep curl and bench press guido workout and start with 50 bodyweight pullups.
And I know this is either way sarcastic or you weren't talking to me. My routine is in check...my diet is golden...and that picture was taken a long time ago. I can assure you come march 6th you will see much improvement in my back! But b/c you were either sarcastic or not talking to me I wont bash you for post such idiotic advise.

I usually try to eat another meal 30-60 minutes after my post workout meal. I like to give the previous meal enough time to get digesting before I throw down another one. Plenty of people like to wait the normal 2-3 hours before grabbing another meal, but I like to get a lot of food in me shortly after working out.

IML Gear Cream!
CowPimp said:
I usually try to eat another meal 30-60 minutes after my post workout meal. I like to give the previous meal enough time to get digesting before I throw down another one. Plenty of people like to wait the normal 2-3 hours before grabbing another meal, but I like to get a lot of food in me shortly after working out.
It is better to get another meal 30-60 minutes after your post w/o meal b/c your body burns those calories very fast. B/c you are suppose to be consuming a fast digesting protein and some carbs you will need re-fueling much faster then 3 hours.

CowPimp said:
Bump on this:
PWO shake within 15 mins of finishing my workout.
Next 'real food' meal ~30-45 mins after that.
Next meal after that ~ 2-3 hours.

I specifically target a lot of my nutrient input (especially carbs) pre and post workout. This not only ensures that nutrients are available during training and continue to flow afterwards to restore my glucose/glycogen levels (both intramuscular and total body) and amino acid pools but also because I am usually hungry as hell post-workout. :chomp:

:D

Back