• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

carbs?

DanSterone

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hey i have a question, my friend has purchased a book called power eating for him and i to work on our diets.. the book was highly reccomended, however when we got hom and started to read it, it suggested that protein should make up only 16 - 20% of our diets, and the main focus should be carbs. (fats being in there too but very little). much of the book is based around this. it declaires that many bodybuilers are in a "protein craze" right now. it claims that high protein diets are dehydrating, and can have bad long term effects for strength training. it also claims that while protein (1 - 2 grams/kg of body weight) is vital to muscle building, carbohydrates are a much better source for most of your calorie intake. also.. staying away from foods like pasta, and white rice when your cutting is something the book also calls "myth", and claims that carbs help you. right now i am about 25 pages into the book.. i just wanted to know if i am going to be wasting my night be reading the reast.

is this book totally bullshit, or what? (im not stating that the book is bullshit btw, i am asking you guys) the book kind of makes me want to change my look on calorie intake. right now it looks as if later in the book, the numbers for my diet will add up to suggest my diet should look somthing like 20/60/20. and that doesnt seem to be the diet most people here seem to be practicing... thanks.

Its a good book. I have it and use it as a reference all the time. Also might wanna look for a book called Nutrient Timing, which is also excellent.

awesome, then i believe i will continue.. thanks a lot!:thumb:

Back