• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Bodyrock: Phase II

J.K.

Rock Ya'll
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hello everybody.. :)

New member - new day - so I thought I might get started.

I began my program (which I call Bodyrock) on June 14th of this year. Following it by the end of the first four months I'd dropped from 254 to 226. [pics] However, over the course of the last two months (although I've not strayed from my lifting routine one bit) I have put about 10 back on. grrrrrrr...

Anyway, I thought joining the forums here might help get me back on track.

Background:

Male - Age 41
Single - (no children)
Worked out with Mr. Mississippi one full Summer when 19.
Built up quite a bit then.
Played rugby throughout college (U.S.M) - lifted.
After that I was an avid runner up until age 38
(bad knees put an end to that)
Friends call me a spiritual - adrenaline junkie
I'm a Buddhist and a Gnostic so I guess it makes sense.
Also a friend of Bill W. - 2+ years now.
'Search Engine Optimization' is my trade.

I also have a link to the program I'm on. Plus I have a link to a list of 'Things I Like.'

My Bodyrock

Things I Like

I wrote the 'things I like' thing in another forum once as a lot of other folks were also writing theirs. Since then I've found it kinda nice to share.

Anyway - thanks to anyone who might be reading. First official weigh-in comes tomorrow.

And cheers!

J.K.

welcome to IM.

I'm sure there will be many ready to offer suggestions and support. I am not the smartest cookie in the jar but if you are trying to drop BF I don't see pepperoni, sausage and cheese as being too helpful.

What do your workouts look like ?

Great job though! And good luck !

Gary

Last edited:
Hey Gary.. :)

Thanks for stopping by. I took a look at your gallery, and daum! - I guess I should take your advice on that pepperoni.. Good work!

In reality though, I should probably take that off my list. I rarely have it. 90% of the time Meal 4 is a Low-Carb Whey Protien Bar.

Anyway - first weigh-in.
AM Weight - 232.6
That's down from 236 yesterday morning. Water, I'm sure, but I'll take it. :thumbup:

I'll be doing legs today. In fact, I'm about to head out. This will also be the first day I go back to tracking all my meals in PC Fitday. Need to take some measurements today too.

All for now. Cya later. And cheers!

Well, I got that one done. :thumb:

And I'm getting a little more organized. I cranked my PC FitDay back up, and it seems this is where I am.

1.gif

As you can tell, I enjoyed December.. ;) lol

I also thought I'd post this once rather than re-recording it each day. I rarely vary from the weight-lifting portion of my routine until I feel like it's time to make a change. The only thing that really varies is whether or not I do cardio, so that's what I'll be flagging in my log (i.e. whether I did it or not..) - Needless to say, however, I think that's what I'm needing the most now.

Cycle = Pushing, Pulling, Legs
Days = M,T,W - F,S
Abs = none on leg days
Cardio = none on leg days

----------------

Pushing
Abdominals
- 1 set of 100 crunches
- inclined situps - 33 (notch 3)

Chest
- inclined bench - 4
- chest press - 4
- pec deck - 4
- high pully crossovers - 4

Shoulders
- reverse high pully crossovers
- reverse pec deck
- military press - 3 (drop down)
- varies - something front delt

Triceps
- assisted dips
- skull crushers into close grip bench
- behind the neck dumbell press
- angle iron - tricep pulldown
Pulling
Abdominals
- 1 set of 100 crunches
- inclined situps - 33 (notch 3)

Back
- biangular machine pulldown - 4
- assisted pull-ups - 4
- bent over rows (each side) - 4
- high pully straight arm pulldowns - 4

Biceps
- military curls
- inclined dumbell curls
- concentration curls (each arm) - 4

Forearms
- dumbell curls
- rope and weight twist
- high pully forearm curls
Legs
Calves
- standing calf press - 5
- seated calf press - 5

Thighs
- squats
- leg sled
- inclined leg press
- leg extensions - 4

Quads
- leg curls (laying or seated)
Now - only 2 hours and 12 minutes until I get to eat that little whey protien bar.. :suicide: lol

GL pal.

Seems that you may want to space out workout days more if you have the opportunity. 3 days in a row may be excessive, depending on how intense and how long you are in the gym..

Also, you'd be better advised to do your abdominals once a week and treat it as you would treat any other body part. Use weighted work if you can, imo..how long are you spending in the gym?

Hey DD.. :)

I'd love to take your advice on the ab work. I appreciate the feedback too. I can tell there's a lot of that around here.

Regarding my workout, it usually takes about an hour and fifteen minutes. Intensity wise - I'd just say that I consider it pretty intense. However, if I had a workout partner (which I don't) I know the intensity would actually be a lot more. As a result, up to now I've just not worried about it.

I have heard, however, that there are some kinda of testing strips you can buy to see if you are over/undertraining. I tried looking for those on the Net once but couldn't find any.

-----------------------
Edit - Adding

Just finishing up for the day.

Calories Today: 1,958
Protien: 233 g.
Carbs: 19 g. (kickstarting)
Fat: 91 g.

That is if I make it through the rest of the night..
rolleyes.gif
lol
But I'm pretty sure I will.

Chest, Shoulders, & Tri's in the morning. - And Cheers!

Last edited:
Hot Daum! - We have movement..

2.gif

AM Weight - 229.6

Lots of water-weight I'm sure. But it sure does feel good to see the 220's again. Maybe the 'December Damage' won't be as bad as I thought.

Chest, Shoulders, and Tri's today. After that I'll be seeing what I can do to about this Santy Worm that's going around. (I'm a webmaster) And then after that I need to see if I can find some time to work on the latest incantation of my site - SFV4. - I'm hoping I can launch that one within the next couple of months.

Nothing but time for the gym right now though. - Hava good day all. And cheers!
icon6.gif

J.K. said:
That is if I make it through the rest of the night..
rolleyes.gif
lol
But I'm pretty sure I will.
Hey You made it :thumb:

Maybe it's just me but it sure seems like you have a lot of fat in your diet.

91 g's Thats almost half your cals .

Hey gw .. thanks for the feedback. :)

I really don't know - but I'd guess your impression is correct. It's probably also indirectly pointing out to why I joined IronMagazine.

I started out pure low-carb (atkins.. etc.).. Also, after starting it I had a nice drop in weight. But soon after the drop my progress stalled - despite the fact that I was working out regularly. Around that time I also read Dr. Hussman.

Now, he doesn't advocate low-carb - but he did get me to thinking about my diet some - and the fat intake. As a result, I cut out a lot of the things that are allowed on most low-carb plans. (mayo, sausage, bacon, whole eggs, real butter, etc..).. After doing that the weight loss started again too. So the result is that what I've really got is a low-carb diet with those particular things omitted.

I normally average about 30-35g of carbs per day - and I lose weight on it. At about 2,100 calories per day, 90 grams fat, 230 grams protien, plus the carbs I take off about 1.5 lbs. per week - steady.

For this Phase II, however, after I get the weight loss kickstarted I want to try some new things. For instance, I'd like to start eating some oatmeal and I've also been thinking about cycling the carbs so that they are higher on the weekend.

If anyone catches this and thinks I should modify my diet now though, please lemme know.

And thanks! :)

-----------------------
Edit - Workout's Done

Chest, Shoulders and Tri's done. Also did some cardio, but not enough. (15 minutes eliptical / 133 calories according to the machine). Feeling a lot stronger on assisted dips. Actually, I was the last time I did C,S,T, too. As a result, I dropped the weight down today.

Looking forward to when they are no longer 'assisted.'

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
Hey man - thanks again
smile.gif

I hadn't read it but just did. Also followed it to here:

High Fat/Protien - Low Carb Diet

Eat every 3 hrs, 6 meals a day
/..../
Eat approx 15 g fat at each meal
That would run 90, so I think I'm in okay. In fact, the whole diet sounds very close to what I've been doing - with the exception of the carb-up. I think I'll add that, however. In fact, I may pick up some oatmeal tomorrow.

End of Day:
Protien: 281
Fat: 69
Carbs: 26
Calories: 1,988

And about a bucket of water.. lol

Back, Bi's and Forearms tomorrow. And cheers!

document.write("Hello World");
AM Weight - 229.4 :thumb:
Back, Bi's & Forearms today. I'll be heading out in a minute. I think I'll also stop by Walmart on the way home and snag some Oatmeal and Bananas.

I'm going by this from the above link:

"A carb-up (twice weekly) consists of Old fashioned oats (1-2 cups, depending on body size), 6-8 oz sweet potato, 2 cups veggies, 1/2-1 banana & 1 tbsp fat in your last meal of the day."

I'm going to try something like that once every 4 days.

I need go go back and read a little more, however, to see how (on that day) I'm supposed to look at my calories. Unless I find out otherwise, I'll still be running a calorie deficit.

That's all for now. Rock, Ya'll... And Cheers!

--------------------
Edit - Just tappin out...

End of Day
Protien: 245
Fat: 90
Carbs: 21
Calories : 2,093

Lifting went great today. I also topped it off with some cardio afterward.

Legs in the morning... right after weigh-in.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Loos like it's gonna be a good day.
icon14.gif

AM Weight - 228.6

I'm really happy with that, although I know things will start slowing down at about this point. I'll be doing legs today. I'm also making a mental note to myself to concentrate on my water. I haven't been bad on water intake so far - but I know I could do a lot better.

Let's get it on...
rocker.gif

Hey GW... Happy New Year to you too..
icon14.gif

And man, I have to make a post. I've been reading..

Carb Ups

The carb-up would be based on body weight, take the last meal only and use approx 1/4 measured before cooking of oatmeal for every 35 pounds of BW, 2 oz of yam per 35 pounds, and 1 oz of banana per 35, also one cup of veggies with 1 TBL butter (all BW's)!
The amount of info in this forum is awsome. I'm going to do this, which is quite a change for me. I did roughly 4 months with on about 33 carbs per day - consistent - with no carb-ups.

Makes me wonder what my results would have been with em.. :rolleyes:

But in any case, reading that thread has me convinced carbing up is something I should do and that this specifically is how I should do it.

Man, I'm looking forward to that banana.. :nanner:

Welcome to IM
Who is Mr. Mississippi? What is Mr. Mississippi?

Hey Vieope,

Nice to meet ya. I have an old friend from Brazil too named Hector. - Sure would like to visit.
smile.gif

As per Steve Smith perhaps I can just quote and link this:

Smith began his first business - a gym in Oxford. He was well-qualified for the enterprise, having won a total of 10 body-building competitions, including Mr. Mississippi and the Collegiate Nationals.

Link
I've not heard from him in a long time. We were close friends in high school (ran in the same crowd), and it was Steve who taught me how to train. He went to Ole Miss while I went to U.S.M. However, both of us came home one summer and during that time we hooked up as lifting partners. It was intense, but I loved it.

I'm pretty much following the same lifting routine I learned back then.

I understand after owning several Gold's Gyms that he's now the guy behind Planet Beach. But again, personally I've not run into him for eons.
-------------

Anyway - time to catch the log..
thumb.gif

AM Weight - 229.2

Yesterday's Macros
Protein - 226
Fat - 98
Carbs - 29

Yesterday's Calories
Calories Eaten - 2,088
Calories Burned - 3,300
Calorie Deficit - 1,212

I'm trying to adjust my estimate of daily calories burned using PC Fitday. That number from yesterday includes a 60 minute leg workout. Based on my weight loss from Phase 1 I've decided that I was overestimating my daily calorie expenditure then. Doing so didn't bother me because I know that if I keep my calories around 2,100 - 2,300 per day I'm going to lose weight, but I'd like to be able to make some more accurate projections.

Anyway - Happy New Year to everyone!

Let's all ROCK in 2005..
rocker.gif

Today's theme has to be weightlifting enlightenment.. :nanner:

[size=-1]... Confucius said:
My friends, do you think I was hiding it from you? No! I would never
do such a thing! It was only that you were unable to see it. ..[/size]

I got a lot of help in a thread yesterday called Timing My Post Workout Shake. Thanks, all.....!

Also, based on the feedback I've received here I'm also going to be switching to 4 lifting days and 2 cardio days per week. Plus, of course, I'm also going to start doing the carb-ups. First one is tonight..

AM Weight - 228.8

No lifting or cardio scheduled today. Sunday is always completely off. I am, however, looking forward to hitting the weights on Monday after this carb-up.

That outta be a blast..
:banana:

IML Gear Cream!
Yesterday's Macros.. I ate carbs..
rocker.gif

Protien - 173
Carbs - 179
Fat - 76
---------------------
Calories - 2,293

I loved it - lol.. / 1 c. dry oats, 10 oz. sweet potato, 6 oz banana, 1 cup cauliflower, 1 tbsp smart balance..

I've seen some folks saying they couldn't finish theirs, but I ate all of mine easily. After 4 months of low carb dieting and 2 months of low carb eating without any 'cheats' to really speak of this was really a treat.

Anyway.... AM Weight - 229.2

Still pleased with that, but I'm about to make these changes.

4 days weight training - instead of 5

Monday, Tuesday & Thursday, Friday are lifting days.
Wednesday & Saturday are cardio days.
  • - IF I do post-lifting cardio on a weight day I'm going to limit it to 15 minutes.
  • - IF I do post-lifting cardio on a weight day I'll not drink my shake until after the cardio.
  • - Every 4th night is a carb-up.
Anyway - that's all for now. Time to get to the gym then after that get back to work..
smile.gif

Some weights..

AM Weight Prior Carb Up - 228.8
AM Weight
Day After Carb Up - 229.2
AM Weight
2 Days After Carb Up - 228.0

That's really encouraging for me, and without a doubt I think now at least in terms of these particular foods I'm going to get over my carb-phobia. - Also, considering the changes that I've made to my training program I think the every 3rd (Wed.) and 4th (Sun.) day for carb-ups now makes more sense than doing the carb-up every 4th day only.

Training 4 days a week now (Mon, Tue & Thur, Fri) if I do it on the third and fourth I'll get in a carb-up the night before each of those two day training sessions. - Love that!!

I did a little supplement shopping yesterday too. Normally I shop online (iHerb), but I was out of several things so for time sake went to $$GNC$$.

• Whey Protien
  • Creatine
  • Green Tea Extract
  • SAMe (400mg)
Need to make a mental note to myself not to run out again and buy everything online next time - especially on that SAMe. I swear by that stuff (not for muscle, for other) but Man is it ever expensive.

Back and Bi's today. - No abs - Few minutes of cardio - then total cardio tomorrow.

Hava good day, all. And cheers!

....like walking down steps.

AM Weight - 227.0

Sure hope this keeps up with no major stalls. I'd kinda come to expect major stalls as just a just a fact of life, but now I'm wondering if these carb-ups will put an end to that. I do my second tonight, but for this morning it's going to be 100% cardio on an empty stomach bar caffeinated coffee.

I also happened to check my PC Fitday this morning.

Total Weight Lost To Date
- 27 pounds
icon14.gif

And lastly, I need to remind myself here again to focus more on work.. I desperately need to get the next version of my website out (V4). If not, I'm gonna be in the poorhouse..
lol..

These past few days it's been hard to concentrate on work. Since I work out of my home and work for myself it's all too easy to do. I frequently get wrapped up in some kind of study or research for enjoyment and before ya' know it I'm spending way too much time reading and not nearly enough time coding. At the moment, it seems I'm spending a huge portion of my time on this 2012 thing.

If anyone is reading and doesn't know what that is, 1) some Buddhist monks are supposedly predicting something in the year 2012 - link, 2) the supposed "Bible Codes" are predicting armegedon in the year 2012 - link, and 3) the Mayan Calendar comes to an end (literally) on December 21, 2012 - link.

Anyway - it's just all interesting stuff - especially the part about the Mayan Calendar. But like I said, I need to quit reading so much about it and get to some work.. / It's stuff like this that makes me a slacker.. :nanner:

All for now then. And cheers!
icon14.gif

------------------------

Edit: Follow-up

33 minutes treadmill on empty stomach w/ caffeine... then I got on the eliptical, but 8 minutes into that I thought I smelled amonia.. In response I got off and downed my shake which I had previously spiked with 1/2 scoop maltodextrin (13.5 carbs, 53 calories extra).

I'm thinking though that since (cardio day = carb-up day) I may up that serving of malto in my post-workout shake on those days. Normally I don't add any malto to the shake but if cardio on an empty stomach is going to push me into the amonia zone it seems like that may be wise.

In any case, I guess I'll just have to play it by ear. I'm not really sure if I smelled amonia or not. I just thought I did.

Last edited:
BWWWAAAAHHH! - time to get up. :)

AM Weight - 228.2

That's up 1.2 lbs from yesterday but then again I did my carb-up last night. I'll be interested to see if it falls again at a similar rate to last time.

Leg day today. And cheers!

Just making a note. I may have sold my Stairmaster today to the gym. :)

B0000APCN4.01-AB3RNVJIM1XDP._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Stairmaster 4600

I bought this thing about a year and a half ago, but never really used it that much. And since joining the gym I've hardly used it at all.

Anyway - turns out the owner of the gym is interested in it if I'll work some kind of free membership into the price. Today I told him I'd sell it for $1500 + one year of membership, or $1,000 + two years of membership. He's coming by to look at it tomorrow and decide whether or not we have a deal.

I'm hoping that he takes it. It will be especially cool for me because if he gets it, of course, I'll still be able to use it.. lol. I just won't have to deal with any membership fees anymore and I'll also have a little cash.

Thanks, Man.

I'll tellyyou the the same thing I tell a couple of guys at the gym. I'm chasing ya. :lifter: lol

AM Weight - 226.6
Weight is still going down, and I'll be doing Chest, Shoulder's & Tri's today. The owner of the gym is supposed to follow me back to my place after the work-out to check out my Stairmaster. - - - I think he'll get it. I also think he'd be unwise not to. I'm offering him one hell of a deal - IMHO. Including shipping I paid $3500 for it and it's barely used. But oh well - ... Actually, I'll get more use out of it if he buys it than I will if it stays here - plus I could really use a little cash bump right now.

All for now then. Have a great day, everyone. And cheers!

J.K.,

It's good to be chased, and it's good to chase ! I will tell you one thing though ... I'm not going to slow down just so you can catch me ! Which at the rate you are going won't be as long as you might think . the incredible shrinking man is chasing me ! LOL

<?php
echo 'Hello World!';
?>

And morning, gwanton.. If you had a dream last night and you were running, it was me behind ya... :laugh:

AM Weight - 228.0

Not really where I want to be weight-wise this morning, but it's okay. I stuck to my diet perfectly yesterday so I know there's no fat increase in there.

The meeting with the gym-owner went well yesterday. He didn't buy it on the spot, but I think it's a done deal. In the process of showing it to him I also got a lot of encouragement. I wound up showing him my before-after pic and he said he'd like to use me in a before-after advertisement for the club.

I told him to give me 6 more months and I'd think about it.. lol

Anyway - have great weekend everyone. And cheers! :rocker:

Looks like your making great progress.. Keep it up bud!

Back