• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

An Interesting Squat Variation

ballast

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Been experimenting with a variation of the squat I thought might interest some of you.It was shown to me by a few friends of mine who train the olympic lifts(power clean and jerk,power snatch).It is called the overhead squat and it works almost all of the muscles of the body:With a 7' olympic bar, grab it using a snatch-grip(hands atleast 6 inches wider than shoulder-width).Press or snatch the bar overhead so you are in the finish position of a standing shoulder press.This is the start position of the overhead squat.Now, tighten all the muscles of your shoulders and back and try to maintain this "controlled tension".This helps to lock the bar overhead.Now begin to descend into a squat.Try to reach a parallel position, then squat back up keeping the arms straight and the back tight at all times.Pause for a second then repeat for the required reps.This exercise works the back and shoulders like you wouldn't believe, and the legs get a nice little workout as well.You must use a wide grip,otherwise, as you descend, you will begin to lean forward which will cause you to lose control.Anyone with low back or shoulder problems should probably avoid this exercise.Also, I would suggest starting with just the bar or even a long wooden dowel in order to learn correct form.I have been using them as a general conditioning warm up for my workouts, but now that I have progressed to 135, I am thinking of including them as an actual exercise.Just thought I would share that one with you.

------------------
"I'm just here to kick a$$, sleep till noon"

Wish I had some friends that trained for the Olympic lifts.

I'll try these for my warmup next time I squat.

------------------
Just another day in the gutter

Back