• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Old and needing some help....confused

flexin

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey:

I am confused about what direction I need to go in. I am wanting to add some considerable muscle, and strength. (as most on here want)

Thing is I am nearing 40 and have been lifting pretty faithful for a year. 3 day split . legs,- chest-tri's, - back& bi's,abs.

My diet I am sure need some help. This is where I wonder if I should cut off some fat and then start clean. I am 6' , weigh around 195 and not sure on bf% probably high teens or 20??

At this age I am wondering if it is possible to get packed with muscle and lose the fat. Without using some supplements or anabolics??

Thanks

flexin said:
Hey:

I am confused about what direction I need to go in. I am wanting to add some considerable muscle, and strength. (as most on here want)

Thing is I am nearing 40 and have been lifting pretty faithful for a year. 3 day split . legs,- chest-tri's, - back& bi's,abs.

My diet I am sure need some help. This is where I wonder if I should cut off some fat and then start clean. I am 6' , weigh around 195 and not sure on bf% probably high teens or 20??

At this age I am wondering if it is possible to get packed with muscle and lose the fat. Without using some supplements or anabolics??

Thanks
At 40 you could probably use small doses of roids and still be in normal levels, and as far as im concerned, if you don't exceed normal body levels, your still natural.
Ive always been a hard gainer, My doc boosted my levels to a normal 38 year old and the meat is packing on, Diet needs help but I work out and have gaine 20 lbs in 4 weeks. My armes look great, my chest, lats and legs look good
I would ask your doc to check your test levels.

flexin said:
Hey:

Thanks

It's ALWAYS possible, it just takes dedication :D What does your diet look like? It's really hard to cut and add muscle at the same time, but people have done it. But regardless of whether you want to diet or bulk your diet is key.

ncgirl21 said:
It's ALWAYS possible, it just takes dedication :D What does your diet look like? It's really hard to cut and add muscle at the same time, but people have done it. But regardless of whether you want to diet or bulk your diet is key.

Where have you been? :)

... all my life :grin:

Thanks for the replies.

I might try and get a check of the test levels.

My diet looks out of whack I try and get in several small meals a day, but probably 4 actually. I wake at 5:30 a.m. take vitamins, oats, coffee and hit the gym by 6 am.

post work out whey protein,

mid-morning- fruit, nuts

lunch - portion of grilled chicken, veggies

(it is actually around 4-5pm before next meal) stinkin' work messes up everything, going to have to start my own business.

dinner- lean cut of meat (beef,pork or chicken) salad

before bed a 1/2 cup or so o cottage cheese.

Thanks for any help, so cman your doc perscription for some test or supplements? Didn't know they would do that, of course I don't do the doctor thing.

Dude...WHERE ARE YOUR CARBS?????? Just a piece of fruit won't cut it. You need carbs!

You mean the Atkin's Diet + Beer isn't gonna work? Oh.... does lime in your Corona count as a fruit drink?

IML Gear Cream!
flexin said:
Thanks for any help, so cman your doc perscription for some test or supplements? Didn't know they would do that, of course I don't do the doctor thing.
I dont think you need to jump into roids/supps right away. Give it an honest and VERY SERIOUS try with a proper dedicated diet and a training routine. You will see gains.

Your above diet seems very low in cals. Given your stats you should not be going lower than 2100cals. Your maintenence level should be 3000cals. Fix your diet by first studying the sticky 'guide to...' this will help sort out your diet. Then post your diet meal by meal with all cals and macros and your stats and goal for a critique. Use www.fitday.com to track your diet and www.nutritiondata.com for additional info.

JLB001 said:
Dude...WHERE ARE YOUR CARBS?????? Just a piece of fruit won't cut it. You need carbs!

Yup, you definatly need more carbs, and your calories look like they are probably way to low unless your eating big portions.

flexin said:
Thanks for the replies.

I might try and get a check of the test levels.
Don't even bother with this until you get your diet in order... You can get effective results if you just put a little more time into organising your day.

At 6', 195 pounds and your BF around 20% you will want to work on recomposition - which would just be to eat around maintainence with appropriate calorie/macro content, train HARD, add a little cardio and be patient.

My diet looks out of whack I try and get in several small meals a day, but probably 4 actually.
Ok - plan your day and aim to get 6 meals a day.

Aim for 40g of protein for those 6 meals (which is 1.25g per pound for you) and get GOOD carbs around your workouts (to fuel your body correctly) and earlier in the day.

Add in healthy fats to the rest of your day (not around workouts) with things such as fish oil caps (aim for 6 to 10g per day), nuts, seeds, fatty fish, flax oil and olive oil... etc.

I wake at 5:30 a.m. take vitamins, oats, coffee and hit the gym by 6 am.
Add protein to this. If you are working out so soon after your meal I would think that you would be better with a shake type meal here - so if you make a shake with some whey protein, ground oats and skim milk you will immediately improve the effectiveness of your training. Having amino acids (and good quality amino acids) in your blood while training is actually more important in terms of growth stimulation than having it post-workout.

post work out whey protein,
Add carbs to this. eg: A shake with oats, skim milk, banana AND whey. MORE FOOD!!! No fats.

mid-morning- fruit, nuts
And the protein would be?? This is your first post-workout meal so you want good quality carbs here - some more oats (well, they are easy to grab and eat) with some tuna/chicken and some nuts would be fine.

lunch - portion of grilled chicken, veggies
Once again, you want to add carbs and healthy fats to this. You can't grow on vegetables and lean protein.

Brown rice + chicken + vegetables + fish oil capsules would be fine.

(it is actually around 4-5pm before next meal) stinkin' work messes up everything, going to have to start my own business.
Have a shake - sure, it is not as good as real food, but it is much better than nothing. A shake + healthy fats would be fine (eg: PB, nuts, flax oil)

dinner- lean cut of meat (beef,pork or chicken) salad
Ok... Might want to add some healthy fats.

before bed a 1/2 cup or so o cottage cheese.
Same advice as above... Also consider increasing your serving size.

You eat less than me... And I am a female... Who is 5'6... And you really expect to grow on that?? :no:

Back