• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Are supplements needed to maintain gains?

mg175150

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm just about ready to begin a weight training/cardio program after many years away from much exercise. My goal is to add to my total weight (maybe up to 195 from 175) over the course of a year or so. I want to have as low a bodyfat % as possible and have a "cut" physique. I never plan on becoming a "bodybuilder" or looking like the guys in the magazines. Just want to look good and be healthy.

So my questions are...

1. Should I use any supplements to help me accomplish these goals? I have some Celltech and N-Large from a ways back.

2. If I do use supplements to complete my goals, will I always have to use them to maintain what I have achieved or can the body maintain itself with proper diet?

Thanks

1. Yes

2. No

mg175150 said:
So my questions are...

1. Should I use any supplements to help me accomplish these goals? I have some Celltech and N-Large from a ways back.

2. If I do use supplements to complete my goals, will I always have to use them to maintain what I have achieved or can the body maintain itself with proper diet?

Thanks
1. FYI, we all agree on one thing. Muscletech is a waste of money. Cell-Tech is a good product for bulking, (not for cutting), but is very much overpriced. You can easily make your own for less than 1/4 the price.

2. You do not need supplements for anything. You can truly accomplish your goals through disciplined dieting and training. Once your diet is in order, supplements are there to help. Supplements are just that, supplements, designed to supplement, (not replace) proper diet.

3. If you were to use supps, Id highly recommend starting with just creatine monohydrate (take it with grape juice) and whey protein.

4. I wouldnt recommend taking old protein (N-large is protein, right? Ive never used it.) Itll give you some wicked gas. :fart:

5. To reiterate, you will not need to maintain your levels, ever (unless you are beyond your natural potential). Everything can be done through diet. It is tough, but very do-able.

Good luck. :thumb:

Be realistic in your goals. 20 pounds of pure muscle in one year is a lot. It is attainable if you have very good genetics, but half that may be the most one can reasonably hope for in the first year. And if you are 175 and not "cut", going to 195 "cut" is also a big stretch in that period of time.

You are going to have to eat a TON.

Back