• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

High carb help.

njc

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i have a pretty small appetite and sometimes have problems taking in enough carbs to grow. Im looking for something high carb which incorporates mixed veggies, which i am trying to eat everyday. Bearing in mind that eating clean is important to me does anyone have any sugestions on a high carb recipe that includes mixed vegatables. id even take ones without the veggies. Pasta?

njc said:
i have a pretty small appetite and sometimes have problems taking in enough carbs to grow. Im looking for something high carb which incorporates mixed veggies, which i am trying to eat everyday. Bearing in mind that eating clean is important to me does anyone have any sugestions on a high carb recipe that includes mixed vegatables. id even take ones without the veggies. Pasta?
LOTS:

Sweet potato -
a. cut into wedges, sprinkle with spice of choice (for sweet try cinnamon and stevia or splenda, for spicy try chilli and cumin). Bake in oven till soft on inside and crispy on the outside! YUM!

b. Poke some holes in one and put it in the microwave on the 'jacket potato' setting. Cut into quaters and top with fresh tomato, baby spinach leaves, mushrooms, tuna, ff cottage cheese and black pepper. Add a side of green beans.

Brown rice -
a. Stir fry (dry pan) with some mixed vegetables and some tuna or chicken for a 'healthy' fried rice. Quick and delicious.

b. Make 'brown rice sushi' by cooking up some brown rice and rolling it in nori with some strips of salmon/tuna or chicken... Add in some cucumber strips, asparagus etc.

Oats -
a. Protein pancakes - combines oats, pp, egg-whites in a blender with some water and vanilla essense. Blend until smooth and cook.

b. Home made bars (see recipe section)

Barley and lentils
a. Stew - Brown some onions and garlic in a pot. Add LOTS of vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, celery) and cover with some low sodium stock. Add some black pepper, mixed italian herbs, lentils (or other legumes) and pearl barley and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook slowly until the barley is tender. Spoon out desired amount and combine with can of tuna.

b. Salad - Make up a salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, mushroom etc (anything you want) and add some legumes/barley and some tuna/lean meat.

The idea's are endless.

Cramming alot of carbs into a source is a tuffy. Oats never worked for me b/c they hit so hard in the gut...you need to eat ALOT of oats and for someone with a small appetite its hard to down that much.

I found letils/beans were an easy was as well as yams/sweet potatoes. I could always eat alot of those without having the fear of getting to full...they were my carb choice for a high carb day...as well as whole grain breads and brown rice. 1 slice of whole grain bread has about 20g's of carbs and they are very thin so you can eat ALOT of em....and rice I could eat bucket loads and never get full.

Back