• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Sources of healthy fats

KarlW

My Little Man
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I know this is prob buried somewhere, had a look around but couldn't find it all.
What are sources of healthy fats? I know of:

Fish oil (supplemented or eating cold water fish)
Nat peanut butter
nuts
flax
primrose

others please?

Olives/olive oil
Avocado
Nuts (Walnuts, Pecans, Peanuts, almonds, brazil nuts, cashews), nut butters and oils
Seeds (linseed/flax, sunflower seeds, seseme seeds) and their oils
Fatty fish (sardines, salmon, mackrel) and fish oils
Eggs (to a certain degree...)
A few other odd ones - hemp oil, Evening primrose oil etc...

Emma,

is that a general list or what you You personally would rate from best to worst?

i have a lot of Olive Oil & i also swap between Fish Oil & Cod Liver Oil (both Blackmores)

BRW said:
Emma,

is that a general list or what you You personally would rate from best to worst?

i have a lot of Olive Oil & i also swap between Fish Oil & Cod Liver Oil (both Blackmores)
I would rate them as follows:
fatty fish/fish oils
Nuts/seeds (esp. walnuts and linseeds)
Olive oil
avocado
eggs
other.

The main issues in most modern diets is both an absolute and relative lack of omega-3 polyunsaturated fats. This means people are not only deficient in the fat in general, but that they also have really bad ratio's between their omega-3 and their omega-6 fatty acids.

Most people get omega-6 fats from their daily diets (grains, nuts/seeds, meats) but they don't get a lot of omega-3, so that is why I feel fatty fish and your high omega-3 nuts and seeds (walnuts and linseeds) are the most important.

After that, your other nuts/seeds and your olive oil and avocado's are your best ones as they have your other poly-unsaturated fats and your mono-unsaturated fats, both of which are important for your health.

Saturated fats are also important - but it is a rare individual that has to 'suppliment' to hit their daily requirements. Daily meat and eggs is usually more than sufficient.

:confused: You mean you can't get Saturated Fat pills?

May vegetarians have to supp Saturated Fats ?? maybe a silly question.

KarlW said:
:confused: You mean you can't get Saturated Fat pills?

LOL - no... I mean that most people do not have do go searching for or specifically add foods high in saturated fats. There is usually enough present in their daily foods (meats, dairy, eggs etc).

Back