• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Brown Rice over White Rice?

musclepump

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What's the difference? I notice most people in the fitness field eat brown rice, but I noticed brown rice has the same protein as white (not that it matters), more calories than white rice, and more fat. Just curious!

More fiber, more difficult for the body to break down, more complex type of carb. And (IMO) tastes better, too.

Its not the protein in rice that matters, it's a carb source. White rice is EXTREMELY high on the GI, more processed, and low in fiber. Brown Rice is much lower on gi, a complex carb, less processed and higher in fiber which makes it much healthier..

musclepump said:
difficult for the body to breakdown is a good thing?
More thermogenic = more energy expended whilst food is being processed = greater calorie expenditure...

The energy consumption contribution could be considered insignificant - but it all adds up and sometimes, every bit matters.

But bump on the info above. Brown rice has not had the outer layer removed, so they have a higher fibre content and more vitamins/minerals remain intact (it is also tastier - much nuttier in flavour).

The GI is lower too (although, oddly enough, the II is higher??!! :hmmm: ).

I was wondering, in my rice cooker the top portion after cooked is always noticably whiter then the bottom which is much darker. Is it distroying the good properties of the b. rice?

Back