• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Opinions on Planned Suppliment Intake for a newbie?

NipsMG

My ass is finally in gear
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey everyone.

I'm definitely a newbie, and have finally gotten things squared away to where I can start lifting again.

I'm 6'0, 219 lbs, and very fatty.

I'm planning on trying to get as lean as possible. I'm not so concerned with weight as a measure, more with body fat%. I don't know mine now, I'm working on getting it mesaured (any way to do this myself? If not, who do I go to to get it done?). :hmmm:

Anyways, I wanted to post my planned suppliment intake for criticism from you guys. I've read these forums for days on end trying to figure out what I should take and in what doses. This is what I've come up with so far, please feel free to tear it apart.. it's the only way I'll learn anyways.

Whey + malto PWO Shake
Casein for quick shakes, Meal Replacements in a pinch.

Creatine: 5g pre, 5g PWO, 5g on off days
Xtreme Formulations ICE (http://www.vigorousliving.com/xtfoic2lb.html) pre-workout

Multi-Vitamin
Fish Oil
Vitamin C
Vitamin E

That's about it. If I'm missing something, or should add something, or went way wrong somewhere, let me know. If not, wednesday will start it off. :rocker:

--NipsMG

NipsMG said:
Hey everyone.

I'm definitely a newbie, and have finally gotten things squared away to where I can start lifting again.

I'm 6'0, 219 lbs, and very fatty.

I'm planning on trying to get as lean as possible. I'm not so concerned with weight as a measure, more with body fat%. I don't know mine now, I'm working on getting it mesaured (any way to do this myself? If not, who do I go to to get it done?). :hmmm:

Anyways, I wanted to post my planned suppliment intake for criticism from you guys. I've read these forums for days on end trying to figure out what I should take and in what doses. This is what I've come up with so far, please feel free to tear it apart.. it's the only way I'll learn anyways.

Whey + malto PWO Shake
Casein for quick shakes, Meal Replacements in a pinch.

Creatine: 5g pre, 5g PWO, 5g on off days
Xtreme Formulations ICE (http://www.vigorousliving.com/xtfoic2lb.html) pre-workout

Multi-Vitamin
Fish Oil
Vitamin C
Vitamin E

That's about it. If I'm missing something, or should add something, or went way wrong somewhere, let me know. If not, wednesday will start it off. :rocker:

--NipsMG
Looks good to me, personally i like additional Vit B Complex to keep my appetite and energy levels up

The only thing i would drop is the Xtreme Formulations ICE, its over priced just get some standard BCAAs

I could get standard BCAA's, but I'd also have to get L-Glutamine. After that, is there still a real price difference?

Also, if I take them separately, Glutamine would be 5g morning on empty stomach, Pre workout on empty stomach, and night on empty stomach, correct? What about BCAA's?

Not a huge fan of the L-glutamine it didn't do much for me at 3x5g per day, besides that product only contains 3g per serving which is not an effective dosage. Stick to bulk powders rather than pre-made "formulations" it'll save you $$$

stu21Ldn said:
Looks good to me, personally i like additional Vit B Complex to keep my appetite and energy levels up

The only thing i would drop is the Xtreme Formulations ICE, its over priced just get some standard BCAAs

i have to agree with this, ICE is very expensive, buying some bulk BCAA and glutamine would be a much smarter choice, they won't cost as much and will last you a lot longer

Any suggestions on Brands? Also, BCAA's are pre-workout, correct?

correct, although i rarely use them... only when dieting or before morning cardio, due to a) cost, b) the nasty taste and c) for them to be effective i think you need a ridiculous dose (upwards of 20g), so might as well have a whey shake instead :)

well my source is myprotein.co.uk but that is a UK source

i think the best place for bulk powders in the US of A is bulknutrition.com

Awesome. Thanks for the info guys, seriously.

OK, I'm reading that CEE is significantly better than Creatine Monohydrate. I'm not too concerned about the cost, I can afford it. Is it worth me taking as a newbie? Should I just use regular Creatine for now, then switch to CEE as I get further along?

NipsMG said:
OK, I'm reading that CEE is significantly better than Creatine Monohydrate. I'm not too concerned about the cost, I can afford it. Is it worth me taking as a newbie? Should I just use regular Creatine for now, then switch to CEE as I get further along?
If your not worried about the cost then go for it

IML Gear Cream!
stu21Ldn said:
If your not worried about the cost then go for it

i'd be more worried about the taste than the cost, its not like CEE is any more expensive than creatine monohydrate

think about it... CEE you use 1/2 the dose and no loading phase, so its gonna last your over twice as long, plus you haven't got to use dextrose or grape juice as a transport, you can pick up 1kg of CEE for £47 over here compared with around £25 for mono, so i'd say CEE is actually cheaper to run!

Back