• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Having Trouble Gaining Weight

TriZZle305

Go Away Body Fat
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Im not real big on nutrition or anything i just eat... I work at wendy's and eat a lot everytime im at work and i eat lunch everyday.. i eat 2 "structured" meals a day lunch and dinner and in between i eat snacks and sandwiches here and there. Im trying to gain weight and its not working, i figured eating every chance i got would work but im still not gaining anything... Im 17 @ 195 tryin to gain about 30 pounds, fat muscle or whatever...

If you aren't gaining weight, then eat more. It's really that simple...

CowPimp said:
If you aren't gaining weight, then eat more. It's really that simple...
:yes:

You may not be into nutriton at this point...most aren't at 17 (I was an oddball) so we can't ask you to do what many of us do. Instead of eating only 2 structured meals make every snack a structured meal! Just eat more man! If you want some serious gains you would need to really clean your diet up and have a real structured meal plan but if you don't want to I guess eat every chance you get.

You progress shows your dedication and will...if your not willing to devote some time and energy to it you will get the same type of results..half ass'ed.

It isn't that expensive. You can use shakes for a couple meals, and you gotta have protein powder anyway, plus it's cheap. Also, get some oatmeal.. it's clean, cheap and easy to fix and it counts as a meal if you fix it up some. I managed to snarf down 3000 calories today and I bet I didn't spend $5 on it.

IML Gear Cream!
TriZZle305 said:
3000 calories less than 5 dollars, Explain

He ate 1/2 a container of Crisco :)

Well, lemme figure it out... I had one protein shake and one MRP, mixed both with a cup and a half of skim milk, an egg and cheese sandwich on wheat toast, a can of campbells chunky soup, two bowls of oatmeal w/skim milk, 8oz of lean chopped beef, a slice of cheese, wheat bun and a sack of frozen carrots. According to Fitday, that comes out to 2893 cals, 90 g fat, 285 carbs and 226 protein.

I figure the egg sandwich cost me .50, the shakes about $2.00, the soup was $1, the burger and the carrots were about $2. the oatmeal was probably .50. .. That's about $6.00, so I was off a buck on my guess. If you use coupons and cook at home, stuff is cheap.

Yes food is expensive I'll give ya that. If you find some cheap deals like tuna or chicken on sale you can just stock up big time! Milk and eggs are cheap also bud. Get some protein to supp a meal and some oats or lentils works great. You said you can eat at work...just eat a crap load of chicken breast or something if you can't afford to buy em. Its not the best quality of food but its food. If you aren't gaining any fat then you could just start eating more at work lol.

i've never understood why people who are desperate to gain weight would want to gain body fat?

if you were to gain 30 lbs of fat you'd be just that, FAT.

if you're 195 at 17 it doesn't sound like you're a small guy at all...

just looked at your gallery... you're pretty jacked for a 17 year old! if you were to gain 30 lbs of fat you'd pretty much just be destroying your physique...

SlimShady said:
It isn't that expensive. You can use shakes for a couple meals, and you gotta have protein powder anyway, plus it's cheap. Also, get some oatmeal.. it's clean, cheap and easy to fix and it counts as a meal if you fix it up some. I managed to snarf down 3000 calories today and I bet I didn't spend $5 on it.
can you post specifically what this 3000 cals consisted of?

ChrisROCK said:
can you post specifically what this 3000 cals consisted of?
Scroll up and you'll see it.

There is no need to eat fast food. Actually, I think fast food is more expensive than clean food. You can clip coupons, watch for specials, buy in bulk at Costco or Sam's Club and cook at home. You can eat really well for very little money. It just takes a little effort.

does anyone use mass gainer type of powders for calories when bulking? Other than being expensive i guess, is there anything wrong with this?

I have a hard time taking in 3000 to 3500 calories with working from 7 to 7 every day. I bring tons of food, and eat often, but it's just not enough. A nice shake worth 1000 cals would go a long way! :D

IML Gear Cream!
The commercial ones are mostly sugar and not that great of an idea even if ure bulking! There are recipes for homemade weight gainers....

crazy_enough said:
The commercial ones are mostly sugar and not that great of an idea even if ure bulking! There are recipes for homemade weight gainers....

where dat at girl? :hmmm: :thumb:

I cant freaking remember the exact website, lemme search some more...

but I saved a few recipes:(not like I think Ill ever need them!LOL)this is one

Skim milk
3 scoops protein (~60-70grams)
2-3 table spoons natty PB
1 bannana
2 table spoon of sugarfree plain, or vanilla yougurt

This is close to 1000cals, and fairly clean...

interesting, i'll have to try that out tonight. Thanks CE! ;) I wonder if the consistency of that shake would allow me to bring it to work to have throughout the day, or if it would end up turning too solid to then drink... :hmmm:

Chris, do you have an account at Fitday? .. It's free and it's very easy to enter everything you eat. The site returns all of your macros and let's you keep track of it all day to day. You can even have the site do a report and it will compare your caloric intake vs your goals. I found that it was a lot easier to eat 2800-3000 cals per day once I started using that site to help me keep track of everything. It's very good and it's free.

yeah, i do slim...and i know i need to get back to using it. It was there that I realized I wasn't taking in enough cals to effectively bulk. Unfortunately, my schedule is such that it's tough to get on there and really track everything. I just know from my initial findings that I wasn't taking in enough. I should get back to using it though, thanks.

Tell me more about fitday, ive never kept track of calories or grams of protein or tried to match protein w/ bodyweight, i just try to eat alot and workout alot.... the reason for the gained weight is i want to walk on D-1 football and i play a heavy position, i figured i wouldnt play alot my freshman year and i would gain the weight now and "clean it up" there.

Edit: i did have a protein powder.. pro complex augmented protein system.. chocolate.. but its all out so im waitin on my next check to get another tub

Food is damned expensive. I may have to give up bulking at some point if the financial situation in my household doesn't improve soon. It sucks.

Yes food does get expensive. But that's why I live at home and let my mommy buy everything :)

Back