• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Raw Oats

Cold Iron

High $ociety
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I use lotsa them in my shakes and I heard they can be hard on your digestive tract. Anyone heard of this? Opinions?

Cold Iron said:
I use lotsa them in my shakes and I heard they can be hard on your digestive tract. Anyone heard of this? Opinions?
Its got alot of fiber but I never found a problem with them. If you take to much in the fiber will get ya...gas is killer sometimes lol but other then that I think you would have to eat an insane amount to really harm yourself. They may bloat you and stuff but nothing life threatening.

I use raw instant in there quite a bit, but generally not anything else. No ill effects so far.

Yah, I found out real quick that mixing em raw in my morning shake gave me the wind something fierce.

Cold Iron said:
It depends on what you mean by 'oats'.

If you mean whole or scotch oats then you should cook these before you eat them. The hard outer husk is such that in order to properly utilise the grain you need to cook them.

Rolled or instant oats don't need cooking as these have been steamed during processing.

Yes, I was referring to quick oats.

Thx, Emma

100% Old Fashioned Oats have different nutritional values when they are cooked compared to when they weren't cooked?

soxmuscle said:
100% Old Fashioned Oats have different nutritional values when they are cooked compared to when they weren't cooked?
Do you mean rolled oats or raw whole oats?

For rolled oats the nutritional value in terms of protein/carbs/fat and calories will be the same and you can digest both of them relatively easily because they have been pre-steamed and the outer husk is no longer intact.

For whole oat groats, in terms of the calories/protein and carbs (when you look at the grain alone) they are the same for cooked and raw. BUT, due to the hard outer layers being intact and undamaged your intestines can not fully break down the outside. Therefore, most of the nutrients will be unavailable for your body to use (it is just for the same reasons that you have to grind linseeds/flaxseeds - as you can not digest whole seeds).

Wow, I'll have to purchase some rolled oats. Interesting.

soxmuscle said:
Wow, I'll have to purchase some rolled oats. Interesting.
Or just don't eat raw whole oat groats/grains! :rolleyes:

Whole oats (and scotch oats for that matter) should be seen in the same context as rice or raw popcorn - you want to cook it!

Rolled oats/instant oats and quick oats have been pre-steamed (during the rolling process) and therefore they can be seen like popped popcorn - No need to cook, just enjoy!

IML Gear Cream!
Well I just like to add in a half a cup into my protein shake in the morning for some complex carbs, and I don't really have time to cook it in the morning. I'll definitly be looking for some rolled oats, thanks Emma.

soxmuscle said:
Well I just like to add in a half a cup into my protein shake in the morning for some complex carbs, and I don't really have time to cook it in the morning. I'll definitly be looking for some rolled oats, thanks Emma.
Are you sure you are thinking of whole oats and not rolled oats already?

Look here for the different types.

Back