• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

AM Protien

sweatshopchamp

J-Freak
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Whats the best form of protien in the morning? Is whey ok?

I found this today while pondering this very question.
A little more on pre/during/post workout nutrition.

hese are just my recommendations. More could be added, but this is pretty basic stuff that most people need to be following. Remember to always drink LOTS of water.

Also, remember that pre, during, and post workout nutrition are a small piece of the puzzle. Take every meal as serious as you take these!!!

Pre-Workout (for those who workout first thing in the morning)
Objectives: Energy to get through the workout, replenish glycogen from the all night sleep.

Upon waking
- Amino Supplement
15-30 minutes prior
- 80-100g of simple carbs (glucose, dextrose, sucrose, maltodextrin), 0g of protein, 2-3g of creatine, 3g of glutamine.

Your body is very glycogen depleted at this point. Give your brain, liver, and muscles fuel! No protein-let the glycogen absorb.

Pre-Workout (for those who lift some other time than first thing in the AM)
Objective: Get you through your workout!

2-3 Hours prior
- .35-.5g per of complex carbslb of bw, .1-.15g of protein per lb of bw, low fat
Don't eat way too much protein here, you want the carbs to absorb and be ready for energy
- 15-30 minutes prior
- Amino Supplement
- Extra Arginine
If you feel you need something extra, try HALF of the drink that I recommend for the first thing in the morningers.

During Workout
Objective: I know I'm going to be attacked for this meal suppressing GH, but I'm not so sure that it does (it has NOT been proven). But it has been proven to suppress cortisol. Plus, it gives your muscles a constant flow of nutrients. Remember, sip this lightly, and make it last your entire workout. Keep drinking water as well. I used to be totally against this, but after trying it for a few weeks, I have to say that I believe the positives outweigh the negatives. Remember, you're not lifting weights to lose fat. Yes, it will ultimately result in that (more muscle burns more fat, etc) but the actual act of lifting weights is to increase muscle size, muscle strength, and muscle endurance.

Always drink plenty of water, but lately, I've had good results with this mix.
- .2-.25g of carbs per lb of body weight of simple sugars (glucose, sucrose, dextrose, or maltodextrin), .05-.1 g of whey per lb of bw

Post Workout
Objective: Replenish glycogen, begin repair, reduce free-radical damage, increase protein absorption and synthesis by spiking insulin.

Immediately after:
- BCAA supplement (your body uses BCAAs for energy, so it's important to replenish these levels.

15-30 minutes after:
- .5-.6g mix of slow and fast absorbing carbohydrates (3:1 ratio of fast to slow absorbing) per lb of bw and .1-.15g of whey protein per lb of body weight, 2-3g of creatine, 3g of glutamine, multivitamin, Flax Oil, Glucosamine with MSM

75-90 minutes after:
http://www.the-personal-trainer.com/MessageBoard/viewtopic.php?t=273
(Some people's stomachs cannot handle this. If you can, you may want to do it. If not, just eat a whole meal 90-120 minutes after your last shake.)

min0 lee said:
Would that be before a workout?
no i dont workout till about 330

sweatshopchamp said:
Whats the best form of protien in the morning? Is whey ok?

IMO, whey is an optimum choice for the 1st meal of the day

Does it make sense what I posted above, it intrigues me.

eggs
chicken
turkey
whey

min0 lee said:
Does it make sense what I posted above, it intrigues me.

you need a fast digesting protein first thing in the am and especially if you weight train in the morning. protein pre WO is just as important as protein post WO

I had a feeling you didn't agree with that post, and I am glad you responded.
OK I guess at 5:00 A.M. I can drink a protein drink and then at 6:00 A.M. during my workout I'll drink my creatine mixed with grape juice.
sound better?

IML Gear Cream!
just mix it all together and drink about 30 minutes before you get to the gym.

Back