• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

A shake question

mawi_wowie

Chris
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i recenly bought some safflower oil, couldn't find flaxseed. Is safflower still good to use? i know it isn't anything compared to flax but its something right? For the shakes... would you want to mix both whipping cream and oil together? or one day use cream, and the other oil?

mawi_wowie said:
i recenly bought some safflower oil, couldn't find flaxseed. Is safflower still good to use? i know it isn't anything compared to flax but its something right? For the shakes... would you want to mix both whipping cream and oil together? or one day use cream, and the other oil?
Safflower oil is an ok oil to use, it is about 75% Linoleic acid (an omega-6) with only about 10% being saturated fats. It doesn't really have any omega-3 in, so it is not going to correct your omega-3 to omega-6 ratio's (and for that reason it is not as good as flaxseed or walnut oils, which do have omega-3s) and is certainly not as good as fish oil (which have special omega-3 fats - DHA and EPA).

As for the shake - :shake: Why the whipping cream?? There are FAR, FAR preferable sources of fats than this! What do you want from the shake?

from what i have been reading, the whipping cream was used as a substitute for milk, since it was low in carbs and sugar.

mawi_wowie said:
from what i have been reading, the whipping cream was used as a substitute for milk, since it was low in carbs and sugar.
Yeah but hello saturated fats!! :rolleyes:

Unless you are specifically doing a keto type diet I would use milk (skimmed) over whipping cream everytime.

Anyway, you could also just use the safflower oil over salads or use it to cook with...

Back