PDA

View Full Version : How soon after an oral cycle....

crazy_enough
03-05-2005, 06:59 AM
Is it safe to consume a few servings of alcohol?

I will be attending a large family function on 03/19 and am only done my cycle (m1t)since 03-03. I must be honest, Im also craving a cold brewskie!lol

Stu
03-05-2005, 07:10 AM
what dose were you doing? small i hope?

crazy_enough
03-05-2005, 07:16 AM
what dose were you doing? small i hope?
Yep, kept it quite conservative with great results. started at 5mg for 10 days, followed by 10 mg for 13 days and upped to 15mg for the last 5 days.

Stu
03-05-2005, 07:20 AM
i would of though a few servings of alcohol two weeks after a cycle would be ok are you taking any liver support?

crazy_enough
03-05-2005, 07:23 AM
yes, ALA and milk thistle

Stu
03-05-2005, 07:30 AM
what sort of gains did you see? 15mg is quite high for a woman

im guessing it is harder for women to keep the gains they've made on a cycle due to their naturally low testosterone levels

crazy_enough
03-05-2005, 07:36 AM
I had some very decent results:

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=44343&highlight=crazy_enough

I too cant wait to see how much of this I keep...

Pirate!
03-05-2005, 07:39 AM
It is "safe" to consume some alcohol in moderation at your family function (though not ideal). Keep it to no more than one drink an hour, and your liver will handle it fine. If your family is like mine, being sober would be more dangerous at a family function.

crazy_enough
03-05-2005, 07:42 AM
It is "safe" to consume some alcohol in moderation at your family function (though not ideal). Keep it to no more than one drink an hour, and your liver will handle it fine. If your family is like mine, being sober would be more dangerous at a family function.
LOL, well, thats kind of it! Im thinking I hope my liver can handle a few glasses of red wine better than my brain can deal with hours of hearing how bb and steroids will kill me!lol

Im curious tho, what "symptoms" would appear should I experience some type of liver deficiency following alcohol consumption?

Pirate!
03-05-2005, 07:47 AM
You won't experience anything if it is a few glasses of wine. If your playing drinking games, that is different. If your liver is really taxed, symtoms would likely just be lethargy/tiredness. There is no risk of liver failure or the onset of illness. Don't worry about it. Moderation is the key. I had a few drinks before while using orals. Some times your liver has to take one for the team. Your mental health takes priority this time.

crazy_enough
03-05-2005, 07:54 AM
You won't experience anything if it is a few glasses of wine. If your playing drinking games, that is different. If your liver is really taxed, symtoms would likely just be lethargy/tiredness. There is no risk of liver failure or the onset of illness. Don't worry about it. Moderation is the key. I had a few drinks before while using orals. Some times your liver has to take one for the team. Your mental health takes priority this time.
I love the way u think PFH! I think my liver has taken a few for the team over the last few weeks!!lol I just dont wanna jeopardize all my hard work and health over drinks, but Ill admit that it will be great to loosen up a bit, not care about what I eat or drink and have fun! Maybe I just took this too seriously, even my work took the third spot in the last month, right after training and family! (or should I type family, THEN training, just in case my wife reads this!?lol)

crazy_enough
03-05-2005, 07:55 AM
side note, should I be keeping my water intake as high post cycle? (I know I should increase it when I actualy consume alcohol)

Mudge
03-05-2005, 10:37 AM
Only your liver knows, but a couple beers isn't likely going to make an impact unless you have liver problems already.

Mudge
03-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Im curious tho, what "symptoms" would appear should I experience some type of liver deficiency following alcohol consumption?

Lots of symptom possibilities. When my liver values were about 25% over the norm, I was getting some itching.

crazy_enough
03-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Thanx mudge!

Pirate!
03-05-2005, 05:31 PM
side note, should I be keeping my water intake as high post cycle? (I know I should increase it when I actually consume alcohol)Drinking enough water will help keep you hydrated as alcohol is a diuretic. I like to chug a couple pints of water before I drink, and a some in between drinks.

crazy_enough
03-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Drinking enough water will help keep you hydrated as alcohol is a diuretic. I like to chug a couple pints of water before I drink, and a some in between drinks.Oh, for sure, before, during and after alcohol intake, i drink loads of water...But I mean, is my water intake as important post cycle as it was on cycle?

edit: then again, water consumption is always important as heck!

Cold Iron
03-07-2005, 01:38 PM
How long till your liver is completely back to normal?

Cold Iron
03-09-2005, 08:50 PM
bump

Mudge
03-10-2005, 07:24 AM
Get your blood work and you will know. You are probably looking at a best case of 2 weeks. If you caused damage though you will never be normal again.

TrojanMan60563
03-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Gatorade has always been my friend after a night of drinking...I try to drink water while I am out and drinking and then I get two of the big Gatorade bottles...I drink one before bed along with a multi-vitamin and then another multi and a Gatorade when I get up...that seems to make it easier on my body and I keep hydrated better. I try not to do that much drinking often as its not healthy if your on cycle or not. The most I have ever had on cycle (non oral) was two glasses of wine or beer.

Cold Iron
03-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Get your blood work and you will know. You are probably looking at a best case of 2 weeks. If you caused damage though you will never be normal again.

Two weeks after the end of the cycle or 2 weeks after the end of your PCT? I'm assuming the latter. I'm just wondering b/c i'm thinking of doing a cycle in the near future but I'm going to Mexcio soon as well and will be drinking like crazy. It's tight, I will be just finished PCT by the time I leave if I start it this weekend

Mudge
03-10-2005, 11:06 PM
PCT has near nothing to do with your liver. It takes about 2 weeks for liver values to drop however it depends on several factors, which should be plainly obvious.

Genetics
Drugs used, duration, dose
Alcohol if any during, after, etc
Supplements used during, and after cycle
Your very own diet affects liver values

I'm not going to bother going on, its an impossible question to answer. It just plain DEPENDS. Some people have high ALT/AST numbers year round, yet have good GGT numbers. Your liver, your responsibility. Someone on the internet isn't going to be able to give you anything but a guess, based on experience or not.

I'm not going to tell anyone I never drink either, I had some vino during the new years and I felt no guilt over it at all. I am not however a regular consumer of alcohol, just not my thing :shrug: