• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Schwarzenegger Urges Steroid Crackdown

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
By ERICA WEINER, Associated Press Writer

COLUMBUS, Ohio - California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (news - web sites) said Saturday he has urged bodybuilding officials to crack down on steroid use and suggested calling a summit of the sport's leaders to discuss the problem.
Schwarzenegger, who admits using steroids on the way to seven Mr. Olympia titles, also said he would put pressure on two bodybuilding magazines where he is executive editor to become involved in the effort.

"We have to step up the testing procedures, and find other ways, and be more aggressive with it," Schwarzenegger said at the Arnold Classic, the annual bodybuilding contest that bears his name.

He said he suggested the summit and discussed the problem earlier Saturday with editors at the magazines Flex and Muscle & Fitness, as well as officials of the International Federation of Bodybuilding.

"Let's talk again about it and really think what else could we do," Schwarzenegger said.

Schwarzenegger also recommended changing the way bodybuilding is judged so that demonstration and display count more than muscle size.

Experts on bodybuilding and steroids say steroid use is common among elite bodybuilders. Athletes are not tested at events, and experts say the IFBB's random testing is inadequate and ineffective.

Last year, Schwarzenegger vetoed a bill that would have created a list of banned substances for interscholastic sports and required coaches to take a course on performance-enhancing supplements because he said it was too vague in defining supplements.

Schwarzenegger reiterated Saturday that he would sign a bill that made sense, but also suggested no new laws are needed.

"It has nothing to do with that we don't have enough laws, because we already have a very solid and sound law that says you're not allowed to take illegal drugs," the Republican governor said.

Democrats have criticized the governor for sending mixed signals about steroids. While saying he opposes drug use now, Schwarzenegger also said in a recent television interview that he does not regret using steroids in the 1970s because they were not illegal then.

Other critics have said his continued attendance at the Arnold Classic, where some of the athletes may be on steroids, sends the wrong message.

At least one bodybuilder in this year's competition has admitted using steroids; another spent time in jail for a steroid-related offense. Last year, federal agents investigating steroids served grand jury subpoenas at the Arnold Classic.

The Arnold Fitness Weekend began as a bodybuilding contest but now includes 20 different sports, with 14,000 athletes competing this weekend. It is expected to draw 100,000 visitors this year.

The centerpiece event remains the Arnold Classic bodybuilding contest, in which Schwarzenegger maintains an undisclosed financial stake. He helped found the event in 1989.

min0 lee said:
Schwarzenegger also recommended changing the way bodybuilding is judged so that demonstration and display count more than muscle size.
too right!

What an asshole, he knows god damn well those guys wouldn't be nearly as impressive if they weren't on any anabolics. Also if they cracked down every single IFBB pro would be behind bars. Bodybuilding and drugs go hand and hand.

JoeR. said:
What an asshole, he knows god damn well those guys wouldn't be nearly as impressive if they weren't on any anabolics. Also if they cracked down every single IFBB pro would be behind bars. Bodybuilding and drugs go hand and hand.

Don't call Arnold an asshole around here it could get you hunted down and killed! ;)

Arnold is now a political figure, he is a republican, George Bush has a hard on to get steroids out of sports, put two and two together.

Fuck yeah! I'd rather see a bunch of guys with 18, 19" guns than Ronnie. That way kids can actually strive to be a pro bodybuilder. GO ARNOLD!

I do not believe that Arnold is speaking from his heart (he is speaking politically), he knows damn good and well that to be a successful pro bodybuilder some steroids are needed. Definitely not to the degree they are used today, not to mention the host of other drugs like GH, but to compete at the pro level and get ripped drugs are necessary. Back in Arnold's day they typically only did a cycle for contest preparation, today's bodybuilders stay on 365 days per year.

IML Gear Cream!
Robert DiMaggio said:
Back in Arnold's day they typically only did a cycle for contest preparation, today's bodybuilders stay on 365 days per year.

Levronne claims not to even lift in the offseason, does he juice I dont know.

Craig Titus claims to take 5 weeks off for every 10 weeks of cycling, he is obviously one of the smallest guys though.

5-time mister olympia

Arnolds the man. Most if any use I've seen In my circle of contests and lift meets (incuding friends) Is low key,D-bol maybe some sust, to each there own I guess. In strength, I've witnessed lifts, at meets of a guy weighing 190 bench over 500# (clean meet) and have been to open events where guys of the same maybe a little heavier (but,jacked,and I mean jacked) do almost 700#. I love competition and I love weight lifting.

Robert DiMaggio said:
I do not believe that Arnold is speaking from his heart (he is speaking politically)

i agree, he would get in serious trouble if he came out and praised roids and those using them, politically that would be very incorrect, i stand by him on this! (as always)

Don't call Arnold an asshole around here it could get you hunted down and killed!

Arnold is now a political figure, he is a republican, George Bush has a hard on to get steroids out of sports, put two and two together.

exactly!

I'd rather see a bunch of guys with 18, 19" guns than Ronnie.

so would i, bodybuilding has become a bloody cirus for the juice freaks, like ronnie and ruhl! its horrific, these guys look awful... and at the end of the day it is not their fault, they are trying to win! there is a tremendous amount of pressure on them to get bigger and bigger because the wretched judges are going by the bigger is better rule, when its not, its time the juding of BBing changed, its really getting out of control, i feel really sorry for these guys because they know all these drugs ain't good for them but they are being forced to push the limits futher, its pretty fucked up

Schwarzenegger Urges Steroid Crackdown

:D don't ya just love the sound of that, sounds like a newspaper headline you'd see in 1 of his movies.. 'and the bad guys are gonna get it!!'

he should ride round cali on his big motorcycle busting the roid dealers himself!

Mudge said:
Levronne claims not to even lift in the offseason, does he juice I dont know.

Craig Titus claims to take 5 weeks off for every 10 weeks of cycling, he is obviously one of the smallest guys though.

and that may be true, I would call them exceptions, I do not think pros like Ronnie and Jay cycle off, or the majority for that matter.

I would agree, but Jay and Ronnie are also both a damn lot larger than Titus.

I still stand by it my opinion. Yes, Arnold has turned his back on Bodybuilding somewhat. The way to CONTROL, not eliminate, the drugs would be the judging. Tell the judges to reward people more like Dex, and those types rather than Ronnie. Then Bodybuilding would naturally take course and the guys would slim down the drugs and size.

Start testing for drugs and every single Pro would be in jail. How awesome would the sport be than. Not. Drugs were in it from the begining the only thing that pushed them to go so far with it is the judges. Blame them not Ronnie or Jay.

Robert DiMaggio said:
I do not believe that Arnold is speaking from his heart (he is speaking politically), he knows damn good and well that to be a successful pro bodybuilder some steroids are needed. Definitely not to the degree they are used today, not to mention the host of other drugs like GH, but to compete at the pro level and get ripped drugs are necessary. Back in Arnold's day they typically only did a cycle for contest preparation, today's bodybuilders stay on 365 days per year.
I don't think you need drugs to get ripped. Clen and t3 and all that can help, but given enough time you can shred without drugs.

Have you ever tried to get to 5% bf without any drugs? I couldnt get there, I got till 7% and it was dieting hell. Also keeping muscle is a tough one when going that low. The drugs are a must ot expect the kind of conditioning we expect now.

IML Gear Cream!
Fuck yeah! I'd rather see a bunch of guys with 18, 19" guns than Ronnie. That way kids can actually strive to be a pro bodybuilder. GO ARNOLD!

thats fuccin retared man, should we not let NBA players jump or grow so tall so high so kids can have more realistic goals of pro basketball? Its not about kids and who wants to be a pro, and if they cant' accept that, too fuccin bad son. The shit is a business. Why can't kids strive to just look good and have that be that. I don't see how anyone benefits if kids think they can be pro BBs. Arnold is a hypocrite for this BS, he should be standing up and speaking the truth and present a different side of things than what every other person in the media is saying about roids. He owes that to the sport and to every one of us and if he jumps on the steroids need to be banned bandwagon then he is a fool and a traitor, no doubt about it. He knows how much the drugs have done for him in his life, and he knows how much BS everyone with a microphone propagates everyday about AAS without anyone getting a chance to listen to facts or a different side of the story than what the world anti-doping committes have to say. Ever think about that?

Tell the judges to reward people more like Dex, and those types rather than Ronnie. Then Bodybuilding would naturally take course and the guys would slim down the drugs and size.

what makes you thikn Dexter jackson has any different of a drug regime than Coleman? they are ALL guilty, Coleman just is better at it ans has superior genetics. This is ridiculous.

so would i, bodybuilding has become a bloody cirus for the juice freaks, like ronnie and ruhl! its horrific, these guys look awful... and at the end of the day it is not their fault, they are trying to win! there is a tremendous amount of pressure on them to get bigger and bigger because the wretched judges are going by the bigger is better rule, when its not, its time the juding of BBing changed, its really getting out of control, i feel really sorry for these guys because they know all these drugs ain't good for them but they are being forced to push the limits futher, its pretty fucked up

BB has ALWAYS been like this, don't you think that back in Arnolds day people were saying the same shit, that these guys were too big and the whole nine. Everyone thought they were freaks as well, its all relative. I am partially playing devils advocate here, but who are you to say where the line is? Its the natural progression of the sport to try and get bigger and leaner is it not? No one is forcing these guys to do drugs, its a conscious choice that they make, lets accept responsibility for our own actions for gods sake.

gr81 said:
BB has ALWAYS been like this, don't you think that back in Arnolds day people were saying the same shit, that these guys were too big and the whole nine. Everyone thought they were freaks as well, its all relative. I am partially playing devils advocate here, but who are you to say where the line is? Its the natural progression of the sport to try and get bigger and leaner is it not? No one is forcing these guys to do drugs, its a conscious choice that they make, lets accept responsibility for our own actions for gods sake.

bro, i totally understand where your coming from i was just giving my opinion on the situation, personally i think its fucked up, each to their own

gr81 said:
what makes you thikn Dexter jackson has any different of a drug regime than Coleman? they are ALL guilty, Coleman just is better at it ans has superior genetics. This is ridiculous.

Good point I didnt think about that. I do like the freakish looking guys like Ronnie and Jay but if they keep getting bigger and bigger there is going to be some point when everyone can say thats just to big. No one is goign to stop trying to become bigger and bigger until they get rewarded for it. Just think, 350lbs on a 6' frame, kind of scary.

ihateschool said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert DiMaggio
I would love to see drugs eradicated from bodybuilding but I do not think it is realistic.

I agree.
is it just me is is everyone seeing links in the post

gr81 said:
thats fuccin retared man, should we not let NBA players jump or grow so tall so high so kids can have more realistic goals of pro basketball?
Oh, I'm sorry, natural growth and evolution in height and weight is the same as taking anabolic steroids? :hmmm:

I must have forgot.

No offense, but any of you who would vote Arnold for president needs to be shot, dragged through the town square, and then urinated on.

I wouldn't vote Arnold for Prez, but definitely for Gov. of California... since I don't live there :thumb:

musclepump said:
I don't think you need drugs to get ripped. Clen and t3 and all that can help, but given enough time you can shred without drugs.

to maintain size and get down to 3% bf, unless you are a serious genetic freak, you need drugs.

have you ever been to an "all natural" bodybuilding show?

stu21Ldn said:
is it just me is is everyone seeing links in the post

In the quoted post yes, not the original. Someone is infected with spyware.

Its time to make it the true sport it always should have been. Tough random testing and extremely long suspensions for failing should be introduced. Until that happens its going to be like Major League baseball...a freak show!..........Rich

Back