• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

what does barley taste like?

thajeepster

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Im thinking of replacing my normal brown rice with pearled barley, does it taste pretty good? Does anyone have recipes?

thajeepster said:
Im thinking of replacing my normal brown rice with pearled barley, does it taste pretty good? Does anyone have recipes?
It's really yummy!! There was a post about it a little while ago which had some recipes - here...

It's a better flavour than brown rice, kind of nutty. I normally cook mine in vegetable or chicken stock to give it extra flavour. Bring to the boil and then simmer. Barley usually stays pretty chewy after cooking. Once cooked mix in a container with chicken, peas and sweetcorn. A great simple meal.

My only experience with raw barley was back in my "homebrewing" days. I gotta tell you though, the end product tasted Great!! :thumb:

Emma-Leigh said:
It's really yummy!! There was a post about it a little while ago which had some recipes - here...

thanks for the link

ive been thinking about adding some barely. does it come cheap and in alot of bulk like brown rice?

Back