• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

BowFlex

beau1al

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok I have been thinking about a Bowflex...have any of you used one...and does it work?

Can't say that i have . But don't those commercials make it look like the greatest piece of eqipment . Don't they ?

I've never tried one, it looks good if you don't have alot of space but some good free weights and an adjustable bench would still be better in my opinion.

I'd agree with The Body over there . I've always read that free weights were the way to go .

The problem with any of those machines would be sheer boredom. I have a pretty well equipped gym in my basement, yet I still get bored and go to a gym. I work-out at home maybe once per week.

So, if you were going to get the bow flex to use once in awhile when you can't make it to a gym, it would be a worthwhile investment. But I doubt that anyone could use that thing several times per week, at least not for more than a month or two.

And if anyone believes that the people in those infomercials look that way from the Bowflex, or any other machine, well :D.

I owned the most expensive one you can get and then sold it. I didn't feel it worked as well as free weights. I'd go with a power rack, adjustable bench, and weight set. More bang for the buck.

If you were going to use it solely for fitness and toning rather than bodybuilding or strength it would work. Also you have to be motivated or it would just become another coat rack. I amagine that the bowflex would be the best of what I have seen on tv so far. Ive never tried it prob never will either. Just save yourself the hassle go to a gym. Go to a ymca or check with your local high school. some schools will allow people to use their gyms. If not just get a good gym like golds or something. The one I go to isnt that expensive. Only about 35 bucks a month. If you just have to work out at home start a collection of free weights. Good Luck!!

I ordered one with the Lat tower and 410 lbs of resistance...I just do not see how it could not work for building muscles...Any Thoughts?

I'm sure it would do some good... but remember.. everything looks better on TV.... and especially on an infomercial...

good luck :thumb:

The bowflex is good for toning and for someone not experienced with free weights. If you've ever trained with free weights, you'll hate the Bowflex, trust me, I had one. Motivation is another factor to consider. Unless you can lock yourself in a room awar from distractions, this machine will likely collect dust, mine did. The people in the comercials did NOT get their bodies from a Bowflex and you'll understand why after you get yours.

IML Gear Cream!
So do you think I should cancel my order and look at some free weights?

IMHO, I would. The Bowflex costs as much or more than a good set of weights and a nice power cage with cable attachments. Look into Body Solid or York. I think you'd end up disappointed in the Bowflex after awhile.

My wife wants one, but I have doubts about it's ability other than for tone and fat loss.

Regardless of what I think, I've seen enough reviews on epionions about it that I wouldn't tell someone NOT to get it - if anything else, try it out and see if you like it. At least some folks are getting results they are happy with. I think it all depends on what your goals are, what you want to look like, etc.

I think you get a 6 week return if not satisfied with it - yes? If you already ordered it, you might as well try it out. It might do everything you want and more, but you haven't stated what your goals are.

BTW, I'm looking for equipment for my home as well. I'm thinking seriously about a Body Solid machine (EXM3000), but space is an issue as well so I may have to go with something a bit smaller.

The bowflex seems quite expensive but I'm definitely going to get one.

I'm really thinking about space, safety and variety of workout and the bowflex seems to have all of those.

The thing that sounds really lame is that I have read that the bowflex gets shipped in separate packages. So you may get the first package in the first week and the others come later.

arrgghhh.. isn't that aggravating?

november we have the bowflex XLT and yes it gets shipped in different packages but you get it all at one time...hope ya have some to help ya carry the stuff in cuz it's heavy. The bowflex is great you can do amost every exercise in a gym with it abd with the power rods ya can feel the resistance.. ya can get the squat bar and not have to woryy about killin yourself only wish ya could max it out more with more than 410 lbs... hey beggers can't be choosers :)

You've been able to gain mass with the bowflex? While the reviews I have read about it are mostly positive, I still can't help but think something else might be better. I admit however, that I've never used a bowflex. We have the video, and she printed out the manual.

As I said earlier, my wife wants one (the Ultimate model), but for $2000 I can get a body solid product with free weights and a cable machine + a bit more and have it shipped for free. Whereas a BF would be $2000 + $200 shipping. double that shipping if she were to return it.

We both want some equipment in the house, but we are both wanting different things. She brought up space, but the ultimate model folded is 28x48. The stuff I want doesn't fold up, and it's big (84x54" in foot print). It's the max resistance that I worry about the most on the bowflex. With free weights, I could always go buy more plates to add more weight if I wanted too.

I was looking at the Body solid EXM3000 selectorized model, but thinking a bench with a smith machine and some of the add ons would take care of what we both want to do (and be cheaper). She wants to tone up, I want to build up.

I'd be interested in hearing about anyone gaining mass with the BF. Right now, I'm doubtful of how much it can do.

Bowflex is good for beginners but free weights are the best and you can get a good home gym for alot cheaper than a bowflex.

jeeze 2 grand for a bowflex.. hmm thats out of the question for me hehe

Originally posted by beau1al
So do you think I should cancel my order and look at some free weights?

Only you can answer that question. If it were me I would prefer a home gym with free weights, which is what I currently have.

Ok I recieved the Bowflex....

Lets preface this like this...I have recently lost 55 pounds...and I am not a hard core body builder like you guys...But I am not a stranger to the weight room either....

When I used the Flex...It really was not what I had been used too...But I think in time as I get used to it it will do all it supposes and more....

You could work out with jugs full of water and get results . If this is what works for you , do it up !

any news recently on anyone with this?

i am looking onto a home gym, and the "total gym" looks interesting?
but i am looking to size up a good amount, and be more ripped then huge.....

FOrget the bow flex

I have been looking for some time now and finally found a good machine to buy. It is made by TuffStuff and called the Brute. Alot like the Hammer Strength Machines. Free weights and built in spotter. It's about the same size as the bow flex, but you can really load it down with weight. Also has a decent extension, curl set up for your legs and a lat tower that is free weight too. Unfortunately www.tuffstuff.net does not have anything about it, but I checked it out this weekend at a Priority fitness center and am sold ( and I am a cheapo). The price was 1200.00 (no weight). Got to start saving.

rod
www.bigmanssoftware.com

The dad of one of my friends has one of those bowflex things. I don't find it that bad, for a beginner I guess it would be fine. But in my opinion that still don't beat free weights.

I have one,it is good if you just are using it to keep tone,it takes a while to get use to but it works,if it is size you are looking for this is not the way.

I have one,it is good if you just are using it to keep tone,it takes a while to get use to but it works,if it is size you are looking for this is not the way.

6 and 1/2 year bump....:thumb:

Back